New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Strada owners,

Just wondering if you have inspected your Strada's fuel Filler Neck Tank?(not sure what's it called?)

I've got a 2010 model Strada that is barely 2 yrs old with a little under 60K mileage. And just recently after opening the gas cap I noticed rust accumulating inside the "neck of the fuel filler".

I'm not sure if this is common among diesel fuel users and definitely it's not suppose to happen.

I think the logical thing to do is have it inspected at Citimotors first thing tomorrow.

Anyone has the same problem as mine?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Strada owners.....

better have your vehicle inspected for corrosion in its fuel filler....open the gas cap and peek inside

mine is being replace in 1 to 2 weeks time thanks to the warranty.....ino-order pa yung parts.....according to Mits Motors (citimotors) it's cause by the type of fuel used which may have water

Diesel fuel commonly used is Petron diesel (Daanghari gas station) and recently for about 3 mos is "ticket sa fortuner" Caltex (daanghari gas station) ....seldom do I use shell diesel

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Sir, I opened my gas tank cover and looked all around. nasaan ba ang fuel filler? The fuel pipe looks like a gi pipe and the pipe curves to the left. There is a small drain hole on the left side very near the top of the opening.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Sir, I opened my gas tank cover and looked all around. nasaan ba ang fuel filler? The fuel pipe looks like a gi pipe and the pipe curves to the left. There is a small drain hole on the left side very near the top of the opening.
    That GI fuel pipe is the fuel filler.....check for corrosion

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006

this will be replaced....it takes about 5 days if available sa planta but abot 2-3 weeks pag order pa daw nila sa ibang bansa

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DocG View Post

this will be replaced....it takes about 5 days if available sa planta but abot 2-3 weeks pag order pa daw nila sa ibang bansa
    Fuel filler tube replaced just yesterday at Citimotors Alabang after 3 months of waiting kasi air freighted from thailand

but the new one upon my close inspection nung kukunin ko na yung strada has a small (1x1 cm) discoloration inside the tube which looks like it is starting to rust again.....(I can't get a good picture of it coz it's located in the 11 o'clock position inside the tube and hindi visible kahit sa digital cam.).... the service department agent was good enough to apologize that they failed to inspect it properly before nila kinabit dahil akala nila basta daw bago coming from their parts department ay ok na...

Anyway, Citimotors Alabang said they will file a report again to Mitsubishi motors regarding the issue and declared it as an "item recall". I guess another 2-3 months of waiting....

According sa service agent nila ay 1st time daw and case ng rusted fuel filler sa Strada but common daw may ilan cases nito sa Mits Adventure....probably palpak ang supplier nila sa parts.

JUST INSPECT your fuel filler kasi mga gasoline boy lang ang nakakakita nito at malamang hindi naman sa inyo sasabihin

Rusted Strada Fuel Filler Neck Tank....Anyone???