New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Hello all! I want a softer ride for my Gen2 Montero. Is Ridemax a good choice? No need to "lift" so I intend to use the stock springs. Is that advisable?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cccj View Post
    Hello all! I want a softer ride for my Gen2 Montero. Is Ridemax a good choice? No need to "lift" so I intend to use the stock springs. Is that advisable?
    no idea with Ridemax but my colleague have replaced the shock absorbers of his Gen2 with Rancho 9000XL. it has 9 settings to adjust the ride from soft to firm. no lift made and use the same stock coil spring. he said ride comfort depends on what setting you prefer. btw, do you still find your Gen2 ride stiff?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Ok siya in terms of Comfort and City Driving pero sa Offroad Hindi ko alam, may nababasa Kase ako mas ok ang pro fender in terms of offroad kesa sa RideMax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    no idea with Ridemax but my colleague have replaced the shock absorbers of his Gen2 with Rancho 9000XL. it has 9 settings to adjust the ride from soft to firm. no lift made and use the same stock coil spring. he said ride comfort depends on what setting you prefer. btw, do you still find your Gen2 ride stiff?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply. Compared to my sedan, yes. So I'm hoping to replace it with a softer suspension. Adjustable one sounds good. I saw someone selling ridemax in FB so i got curious.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for the reply. Compared to my sedan, yes. So I'm hoping to replace it with a softer suspension. Adjustable one sounds good. I saw someone selling ridemax in FB so i got curious.
    seems difficult to replicate a sedan like ride into a pick up frame vehicle. but anyway you can try, there are a lot who went to the same route and seldom i read negative feedbacks. my colleague who had a rancho don't like the softer settings, he still prefers the stock like setting. the reason why he replaced the shocks was there was a leak on one of the shocks. my unit is 6.5yrs old with almost 200k kms, the shocks are still working well. no plans of modifying or changing anything underchassis not unless may masira...

btw, for ridemax installations, check out blueline car accessories fb page, they install the same suspension almost in a daily basis.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Okey at maganda naging response sa akin, 4-way is good enough for me. Pero kung gusto mo i-try meron pang 8-way setting from softer to harder.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    seems difficult to replicate a sedan like ride into a pick up frame vehicle. but anyway you can try, there are a lot who went to the same route and seldom i read negative feedbacks. my colleague who had a rancho don't like the softer settings, he still prefers the stock like setting. the reason why he replaced the shocks was there was a leak on one of the shocks. my unit is 6.5yrs old with almost 200k kms, the shocks are still working well. no plans of modifying or changing anything underchassis not unless may masira...

btw, for ridemax installations, check out blueline car accessories fb page, they install the same suspension almost in a daily basis.
    Thanks Sir

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    Okey at maganda naging response sa akin, 4-way is good enough for me. Pero kung gusto mo i-try meron pang 8-way setting from softer to harder.
    Thanks! May variants pa pala ang ridemax

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Ride quality is a bit subjective. Best way to go would be to test drive a unit fitted with those shocks. Take it to a place with varied road conditions. If you like it then get the same setup. Tires also play a role in ride comfort. Some ride a little stiffer than others.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Ridemax is Mr. Pure Comfort according to their customers. Might be worth a test drive.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast