New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    This is true... even with Audio systems. i remember when i was a kid seeing box-type Lancers with NO head unit or speakers at all!!! it was always an aftermarket affair!

My 1983 Lancer SL back (bought from a friend in 1991) then had the aftermarket aircon from Macfrost back then but it used the original dashboard vents. nahinayang ako though because the original aircon panel was useless! The blower switch was beside the cigarette ligher and the thermostat was on a spare slot on the dashboard near the key cylinder (beside the choke control switch, i think). The blower speed and cooling power was kinda weak no matter what we did- its a good thing Baguio weather was good back then.
    Our SL also has an aftermarket A/C from Sanden if I can remember it right. And I feel the same about the useless dashboard A/C switch provisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    also, 1983 i think was the 1st year when Canlubang Automotive (former name of MMPC) downgraded the instrument panel of the SL - no tachometer!!! but benefited from the added grill mounted foglamps though... hehehe...

The SL lasted with us for 10 solid years and had to sell it because the family was getting bigger. hehehehe....
    Haha, our '82 (sold as '83) SL has a tach too. Way cool. But crap, it needs a new speedometer cable...the speedometer hasn't turned for 2 years now...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Good day po!! I'm loking for a boxtype po. My son is 2months old and my wife went to CS when she gave birth. Hirap po kasi i-comute ng mag ina ko pag umuuwi po kami ng bulacan. I'm asking po for your assistance/help kng san po ako mkakabili ng boxtype. This will be my first car for my family if ever. Low budget lng po ako, 40-50k po budget ko. I've heard sa may laguna yata may mga nagbebnta ng boxtype at low prices but good quality. Thanks po!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Try searching Sulit, AdPost, and Tsikot Buy and Sell.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    iyong '86 SL ni erpats ay pina body repair nya at repainted using the original mint green color. Will be posting some pics.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Miguel View Post
    Good day po!! I'm loking for a boxtype po. My son is 2months old and my wife went to CS when she gave birth. Hirap po kasi i-comute ng mag ina ko pag umuuwi po kami ng bulacan. I'm asking po for your assistance/help kng san po ako mkakabili ng boxtype. This will be my first car for my family if ever. Low budget lng po ako, 40-50k po budget ko. I've heard sa may laguna yata may mga nagbebnta ng boxtype at low prices but good quality. Thanks po!

Iyan yata ang presyo ng mga box type 30 years ago.....

9202:toothbrush:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Now a day i see some lancer Box type GT in good condition with spoiler and body kit.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Iyan yata ang presyo ng mga box type 30 years ago.....

9202:toothbrush:

AFAIK, when i saw the delivery receipt of my Lancer way back '83 it was pegged at about P67,000!!! my golly, i want to go time travelling!!!

P67,000 for the bare unit SL, and probably the aircon and stereo with 2 speakers would be like about P5,000!!! wheels were upgraded by the original owner then to the imitation ferrari star like Commodore wheels from the original Cromodora. But my uncle's '81 SL back then had the original Cromodora:

terno in any 81-85 SL or GSR!!!

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    ayan na lumalabas na nag mga edad ng posters...hehehe...
    naman sir... hehehe... im not that old yet. to give you a clue, nasa kalendaryo parin ako...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The L type lancer on the picture has an imitation of Enkei 3pcs. Banana type.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    This is a Lancer they already change the rear light. They use it for drifting with a 4G63 TURBO engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    The L type lancer on the picture has an imitation of Enkei 3pcs. Banana type.
    I am no expert, pero it looks like my rims:

watanabe rs8

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The return of the Box type Lancer