New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 92
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,790
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammiel Barlis View Post
    Dont use vic filters. Inferior ang filtering kahit original. Use Bosch om36 mas mura but equal if not better than oem filter. Pina ka best baldwin bd 28 o kaya fleetguard filter kaya lang walang supply ngayon sa binondo at caloocan
    Try telling this to all the Petron, Shell and Caltex stations that use Vic branded oil filters for the past decade or so. They will probably tell you otherwise. Vic at one time is the OEM supplier of Mitsubishi oil filters here in the Philippines.

  2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,473
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    Try telling this to all the Petron, Shell and Caltex stations that use Vic branded oil filters for the past decade or so. They will probably tell you otherwise. Vic at one time is the OEM supplier of Mitsubishi oil filters here in the Philippines.
    Given that the Vics they're selling are legit. Based on how their boxes look I don't think they are.

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,581
    #33
    In my experience naman, bosch is better indeed vs Vic oil filter. Iba yung feel nung oil after 5,000kms eh. Sandy na sa Vic, sa bosch hindi pa gaano. Plus bosch is cheaper. hehe

    Aslo for the ATF, a substitute for casa SP3 fluid is the Castrol Trans-max multi-vehicle. Buy what is cheaper I guess.

    http://www.castrol.com/castrol/secti...tentId=7066162

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,790
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Given that the Vics they're selling are legit. Based on how their boxes look I don't think they are.
    Yup, dapat legit.

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,790
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    In my experience naman, bosch is better indeed vs Vic oil filter. Iba yung feel nung oil after 5,000kms eh. Sandy na sa Vic, sa bosch hindi pa gaano. Plus bosch is cheaper. hehe

    Aslo for the ATF, a substitute for casa SP3 fluid is the Castrol Trans-max multi-vehicle. Buy what is cheaper I guess.

    Castrol Singapore - Castrol Transmax Multivehicle
    Yes, I have seen one test that describes Bosch and some other brands (i.e. FleetGuard, etc...) have a better filtration ability than Vic. Vic is more or less adequate for the filtration needs of the engine. Disadvantage ng Bosch is availability. Vic mabibili mo sa halos lahat ng gas stations (that do change oil) and auto supplies sa buong Pinas. I recall suki ito ng mga jeepney drivers. :drive1:
    Last edited by roydok; March 27th, 2013 at 08:26 PM.

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,790
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Aslo for the ATF, a substitute for casa SP3 fluid is the Castrol Trans-max multi-vehicle. Buy what is cheaper I guess.

    Castrol Singapore - Castrol Transmax Multivehicle
    Sa huling pagiikot ko sa Banawe sa panahong papalitan ko na ATF ng Monty ko ay ni minsan hindi ko nakita ito sa kahit anumang tindahan doon. All I could find that meets the SP3 spec requirement is still Mitsubishi ATF SP3 na binebenta sa isang auto supply ng mas mas mahal pa sa casa.:shocked:

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,581
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    Sa huling pagiikot ko sa Banawe sa panahong papalitan ko na ATF ng Monty ko ay ni minsan hindi ko nakita ito sa kahit anumang tindahan doon. All I could find that meets the SP3 spec requirement is still Mitsubishi ATF SP3 na binebenta sa isang auto supply ng mas mas mahal pa sa casa.:shocked:
    Yeah, I guess limited supply nga yan just like bosch oil filter. That's their biggest downside.

    But for those who have access to more alternatives, great for them. And I'm one of them. hehe

  8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    523
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    In my experience naman, bosch is better indeed vs Vic oil filter. Iba yung feel nung oil after 5,000kms eh. Sandy na sa Vic, sa bosch hindi pa gaano. Plus bosch is cheaper. hehe

    Aslo for the ATF, a substitute for casa SP3 fluid is the Castrol Trans-max multi-vehicle. Buy what is cheaper I guess.

    Castrol Singapore - Castrol Transmax Multivehicle
    I agree sayo RY.

    *roy
    Singit lang po, kelan pa naging manufacturer ang mitsubishi ng mga atf, alam naman natin na pinaltan lng un sticker name ng mitsu sp3 atf. Nyah!

    Lahat ng car manufacturers yan ang gimik para kumita . .sabihinsa atin na di pwede un ibang brand at un kanila lang. Ganun paniniwala nun dekada sitenta, iba na ngayon panahon ni yap-kris at chiz-heart. Hehe

  9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    523
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    In my experience naman, bosch is better indeed vs Vic oil filter. Iba yung feel nung oil after 5,000kms eh. Sandy na sa Vic, sa bosch hindi pa gaano. Plus bosch is cheaper. hehe

    Aslo for the ATF, a substitute for casa SP3 fluid is the Castrol Trans-max multi-vehicle. Buy what is cheaper I guess.

    Castrol Singapore - Castrol Transmax Multivehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Yeah, I guess limited supply nga yan just like bosch oil filter. That's their biggest downside.

    But for those who have access to more alternatives, great for them. And I'm one of them. hehe
    Korek bro. Same here

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,790
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by kutangbato View Post
    I agree sayo RY.

    *roy
    Singit lang po, kelan pa naging manufacturer ang mitsubishi ng mga atf, alam naman natin na pinaltan lng un sticker name ng mitsu sp3 atf. Nyah!

    Lahat ng car manufacturers yan ang gimik para kumita . .sabihinsa atin na di pwede un ibang brand at un kanila lang. Ganun paniniwala nun dekada sitenta, iba na ngayon panahon ni yap-kris at chiz-heart. Hehe
    I not sure who manufactures the fully synthetic Mitsubishi ATF SP3, but the supplier of Mitsubishi engines oils in the Philippines is Shell. Napansin ko ito na nakasulat sa barrel ng engine oil sa casa.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Replacement Oil/Fuel/Air Filters for Strada/Montero Availability