New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have been using Vic oil/fuel filters and generic Japan replacement air filters for the last 40,000 kms on my Monty. So far so good. Vic oil filter replaced every 10k kms together with Petron Rev-X All Terrain synthetic. Vic fuel filter and generic air filter replaced every 20k kms. Its cheaper than Mitsubishi OEM parts. These together with using Unioil EURO IV diesel (50 ppm sulfur content for cleaner engine and exhaust) make up for a reasonable cost-effective maintenace for my Monty. :-)
    Last edited by roydok; March 27th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    replace every 10K?? ang itim na nyan.. dapat every 5K pag diesel

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    replace every 10K?? ang itim na nyan.. dapat every 5K pag diesel
    Diesel engine oil turning black means
    the oil is working to absorb all the sulfur and other by-products of combustion. The manual does specify a 10k kms oil change though major Philippine practice is every 5k kms. Mitsubishi casas practices 10k kms oil change for synthetic diesel engine oils with a requirement for a 5k km oil filter change.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    I have been using Vic oil/fuel filters and generic Japan replacement air filters for the last 40,000 kms on my Monty. So far so good. Vic oil filter replaced every 10k kms together with Petron Rev-X All Terrain synthetic. Vic fuel filter and generic air filter replaced every 20k kms. Its cheaper than Mitsubishi OEM parts. These together with using Unioil EURO IV diesel (50 ppm sulfur content for cleaner engine and exhaust) make up for a reasonable cost-effective maintenace for my Monty. :-)

VIC is not cheap ha. mahal din mga filters ng VIC pang OEM ang price.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Diesel engine oil turning black means
    the oil is working to absorb all the sulfur and other by-products of combustion. The manual does specify a 10k kms oil change though major Philippine practice is every 5k kms. Mitsubishi casas practices 10k kms oil change for synthetic diesel engine oils with a requirement for a 5k km oil filter change.
    Mas maganda ata yung OEM ng mitsu for 4m40-41 engine kesa Vic. Plus it was designed for 10,000kms change interval. P1k lang ata yun. That would be better if kasya sa MS mo IMO.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mas maganda ata yung OEM ng mitsu for 4m40-41 engine kesa Vic. Plus it was designed for 10,000kms change interval. P1k lang ata yun. That would be better if kasya sa MS mo IMO.
    No question as Mitsubishi OEMs is still the Best. But in my search of the most cost-effective maintenance for my Monty (mahal PMS sa casa) I turned to aftermarket filters which are cheaper. Before I made my leap of faith of using Vic oil filters I had the opportunity to talk with the Phillippine importer of VIC products. VIC oil filters are designed to withstand a 10k km oil change. This spec together with the use of Unioil 50 ppm sulfur diesel (lesser combustion byproducts that contaminates the oil resulting to extended oil drains) made me confident of the 10k km oil change. My oil spec (Petron Rev-X fully synthetic API-CJ4, SAE 5W-40) also helps. Its currently the cheapest high-spec fully synthetic oil sa Pinas. (Kindly correct me if mali ako sa last statement na ito as matutuwa ako if meron pang mas cheaper sa oil dito). :-)
    Last edited by roydok; March 27th, 2013 at 06:59 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    No question as Mitsubishi OEMs is still the Best. But in my search of the most cost-effective maintenance for my Monty (mahal PMS sa casa) I turned to aftermarket filters which are cheaper. Before I made my leap of faith of using Vic oil filters I had the opportunity to talk with the Phillippine importer of VIC products. VIC oil filters are designed to withstand a 10k km oil change. This spec together with the use of Unioil 50 ppm sulfur diesel (lesser combustion byproducts that contaminates the oil resulting to extended oil drains) made me confident of the 10k km oil change. My oil spec (Petron Rev-X fully synthetic API-CJ4, SAE 5W-40) also helps. Its currently the cheapest high-spec fully synthetic oil sa Pinas. (Kindly correct me if mali ako sa last statement na ito as matutuwa ako if meron pang mas cheaper sa oil dito). :-)

Ah okay, safe naman pala for 10K yung vic.

The euro 4 diesel fuel is what's really the deal breaker. Regarding rev-x all terrain, yan nga pinka-mura na alam ko din.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    VIC is not cheap ha. mahal din mga filters ng VIC pang OEM ang price.
    Yup, mahal na din sya. Pero still cheaper than OEM Mitsubishi oil filter. Trivia: Same lang oil filter ng Monty natin with the old 4D56 non-CRDI diesel of old L200, L300, Pajeros and Stradas. :-)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    ...The euro 4 diesel fuel is what's really the deal breaker. Regarding rev-x all terrain, yan nga pinka-mura na alam ko din.
    If regular Euro 2 diesel (500 ppm sulfur content) ang gamit ko ay medyo kakabahan ako sa 10k km oil change kahit synthetic oil and Mitsubishi oil filter pa gamit ko.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ricciboy View Post
    Sirs, please advice what is best engine oil, oil filter and atf fluid for gls se TIA
    Best Engine Oil: Any brand of diesel engine oil that fits your budget with a minimum API CD spec and SAE viscosity 15W-40. Try to move away from monograde viscosity oils like SAE 30 or 40. Fully synthetic is better than mineral oil.

Oil Filter: Mitsubishi OEM still best. Cheaper alternatives are Vic, Bosch, etc...

ATF: Use Only Mitsubishi SP3 ATF available at Mitsubishi casa due to the Mitsubishi SP3 spec requirement of current Monty A/Ts. Using other ATFs will damage your A/T.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Replacement Oil/Fuel/Air Filters for Strada/Montero Availability