New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    with regards to the unichip, it's programed while on the dyno.

Your base run will be the first few pulls on the dyno with the unichip unprogramed.

I don't know which shop you are referring to. But with regards to SPEEDLAB and the Unichip, it is as advertised.

BTW, the unichip can give you some HP gains even if you just change your gasoline brand/product. Just to show that gasolines are not all the same. But you have to spend extra for the time spent on the dyno re-tuning the unichip.
    Its not speedlab though.... may nakausap kasi ako nung last car show sa worldtrade. pre program na yung chip then yung dyno run is for base runs lang pala wala ng programming.

diba dalawa yung inooffer ng speedlab na chip? went to their website before kasi. the later one is a bit more cheaper than the second one. ano po difference nila?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by djoverdose View Post
    diba dalawa yung inooffer ng speedlab na chip? went to their website before kasi. the later one is a bit more cheaper than the second one. ano po difference nila?

It would be a big help to mention what you are referring to than being totally vague about it.

At this point, I know only unichip is the piggyback ecu that they are selling.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    It would be a big help to mention what you are referring to than being totally vague about it.

Sir Ghosthunter,

Could it be possible that djoversose is referring to the plug and play and wired in versions of the chip?

Sir djoverdose,

Agree with Sir Ghosthunter's comment. As far as I know din, Speedlab only sells the Unichip. If you look at their site now, the 2 variants you see are the (1) wired in version and (2) plug and play version. These are both unichips. The only difference between the two is that the latter includes a wiring harness, so no more wire splicing.

HTH sir ;D

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally Posted by kapitan_dukot View Post
    Sir Ghosthunter,

Could it be possible that djoversose is referring to the plug and play and wired in versions of the chip?

Sir djoverdose,

Agree with Sir Ghosthunter's comment. As far as I know din, Speedlab only sells the Unichip. If you look at their site now, the 2 variants you see are the (1) wired in version and (2) plug and play version. These are both unichips. The only difference between the two is that the latter includes a wiring harness, so no more wire splicing.

HTH sir ;D

Sorry for that. I guess kaptian dukot is right. what im pertaining to is the unichip universal piggyback and the plug and play piggyback ECU.

upon reading on the description its almost the same. both says that its a plug and play unit. im planning to purchase a performance chip sometime this year and im trying to scout for the right chip. para po kasing pare parehas lang sila. ang pinag kaiba lang is yung price.

thanks for the replies.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Nakita ko lang sa ibang forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFm47AiMuhc

Mitsubishi Montero 17.4 km/L Fuel Economy Mileage
    Click above link to view RaceChip in action.

Paikot ikot lang sa circle * 1k to 1.5k RPM lang. 40 to 50km/h lang takbo. I think talagang titipid yan sa ganyang speed. Kulang na lang patakbuhin at idle yung speed

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This thread is closed. Kindly post your questions, observations, etc at the link below.

RaceChip Tuning Chip Official Thread
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80005

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Race Chip Pro Questions