New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My colleague has 2003 Adventure with the 4G63 gasoline engine mated to a 4 speed automatic.

The car currently has 172 thousand kilometers. The vehicle is in Pampanga where traffic is light and the usual crusing speed is around 60km/h.

Serviced regularly by the local Mitsu dealer except for the upcoming major t-belt service to be done by a third party shop.

The unit has a 55 liter fuel tank. Owner claims that the cruising range of the vehicle is only around 200kms.

What is the normal fuel economy figure for this vehicle?

Are there any items that need to be fixed or checked which we can include in the major service stop? Currently planning to do the ff:
    *Timing Belt
    *T-belt tensioner
    *Fanbelts
    *Water pump
    *Any leaking seals
    *Coolant
    *Oil and oil filter
    *Air and fuel filter
    *ATF

Thanks!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ang alam ko doc average MM consumption nito ay below 6km/l. Mahina ang ball joint at kailangan laging malinis ang MAF sensor. Is this the model na separate yung hi at low beam?

Advie lacks aux fan for the AC at marami na akong owner na nakausap na prone daw na mag "high pressure" ang AC system sa stop and go traffic. In short, hilaw ang aircon sa idle.
    Last edited by s_quilicot; April 4th, 2013 at 03:33 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thank you for the prompt response! So talagang ganun lang kaikli ang cruising range niya?

Yes, ito po yung hiwalay ang hi beam pero hindi pa ito yung bug-eye look.

Bihira ang traffic jam sa Pampanga kaya po hindi din siguro noticeable if there is a drop in cooling performance in traffic.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Medyo kakaiba ang wiring ng head light nyan doc. If you switch to high beam, yung lo beam filament will turn off giving a bad illumination infront of you. (madilim yung area ng low beam dahil sobrang pointed ang beam ng hi beam. Giving you that spot light effect) the headlight housing will foul always. Lalabo agad even the original.

Not sure dito pero AFAIK fixed ang fan ng gas advie. So there's a tendency na maingay ang fan. ( past 2k rpm ata)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    pa OT. Sir s_quilicot i think ikaw yung neighbor namin, kayo po ba yung may red altis, trooper, E150, CR-V at GT-A? sa Dandelion Street lang kame sir.. umaabot sa house namin yung WiFi nyo.hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im a bit concerned on the fuel economy. Sobrang lamon po ba ng gas or normal lang yun? Yung mb100 diesel po kasi mas malaki ng konti ang tank pero nasa 500kms ang cruising range bago mag empty

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Im a bit concerned on the fuel economy. Sobrang lamon po ba ng gas or normal lang yun? Yung mb100 diesel po kasi mas malaki ng konti ang tank pero nasa 500kms ang cruising range bago mag empty
    Sobra-sobra nga yan. 3.6km/ltr eh. There must be something wrong. Dapat mga 6-7km/ltr sa driving condition niya.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Yung trooper ko doc 500kms din ang full tank ko for city driving. That's 85l capacity pero 80 liter lagi fill up ko.

May Ad before sa tv yung vortex fuel saver under ng Winner TV Shopping. They used a simillar model gas adventure then they had run sa slex ata and they had an average of 11km/l ata. Thats highway. Pretty low km/l IMO.

A friend of mine told me before na hindi magkalayo ang FC montero v6 at advie 2.0. (city)

Ot: sawa ka na sa 1hdt mo doc?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The advie is not mine. It belongs to a colleague at the hospital. Hehe. Anyway, i think there is something wrong with the fuel float? Because it was fuelled up today from empty and the pump stopped automatically after only 25 liters or so. When the engine was started, the gauge only went up to the line before full and not to the f mark.

Speaking of v6, thinking of using that next week. My brother is out of town and someone needs to warm the engine up.

Questions on a 2003 Mitsubishi Adventure Gas Engine