New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Timing chain or belt, not sure if there is in the Mirage. Assuming it is, diba 10k kms ka pa lang sa mirage? What's the mileage? Normally those regarding timing belt come around 6 to 8 years of ownership (either age dahil malutong na or mileage - usually around 80k to 100k nagpapapalit na based on schedule ng maintenance).

If it is not overheating when you are running it, just bring it to casa, since yun ang diagnosis ng neighborhood mechanic. Maybe consult a gas station/service center on your way there so see if they have a suspicion as to what it could be, before heading down to mitsubishi.

Distance wise, you have no check engine or check oil light warning, so I don't think it is something to worry about when it comes to the distance to reach the casa. You have the option to decline the service if they give you a quotation, but at least you know their assessment on the issue.

Worst case, they charge you a quotation fee or checking fee, something they do for insurance purposes but the owners dont have them serviced or repaired with them. They no longer provide free estimate, usually.

EDIT: The more you delay and continue to drive it, the more the problem can get worse.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Ok naman warranty ng mitsubishi. Was able to replace 2 wheel bearings and radiator fan with minimal questions. I am not quite sure where you got "hindi covered yan".

Anyway, the casa I go to only checks vehicle mileage for the PMS. To the threadstarter, try using a different type of fuel. The mirage is very picky with the fuel you put in it.

Also, I am guessing that you are far from the city. A mechanic that knows modern engines may not be available in your area.
    If it is indeed the sudden gas change, reversible pa po ba to? Will they need to take apart the engine if ito ung cause?

Edit: A friend of mine had this happen to an old multicab of theirs. I didnt get to ask kung gaano kadami na gas ang na pump in nila before it broke, but according to her, sobrang damaged daw ung makina and it cost them a lot just to fix it. Im hoping na dahil mas bago ang makina ko, mas na withstand nya ang damage, if any

3. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Timing chain or belt, not sure if there is in the Mirage. Assuming it is, diba 10k kms ka pa lang sa mirage? What's the mileage? Normally those regarding timing belt come around 6 to 8 years of ownership (either age dahil malutong na or mileage - usually around 80k to 100k nagpapapalit na based on schedule ng maintenance).

If it is not overheating when you are running it, just bring it to casa, since yun ang diagnosis ng neighborhood mechanic. Maybe consult a gas station/service center on your way there so see if they have a suspicion as to what it could be, before heading down to mitsubishi.

Distance wise, you have no check engine or check oil light warning, so I don't think it is something to worry about when it comes to the distance to reach the casa. You have the option to decline the service if they give you a quotation, but at least you know their assessment on the issue.

Worst case, they charge you a quotation fee or checking fee, something they do for insurance purposes but the owners dont have them serviced or repaired with them. They no longer provide free estimate, usually.

EDIT: The more you delay and continue to drive it, the more the problem can get worse.
    Noted. I guess I have no choice but to bring the car in sa casa. But... if they won't honor my warranty and will charge me an exorbitant amount, i might have to bring it ti a reputable talyer in davao. Thank you for taking the time to answer my queries.

Thank you also to everyone for your advice and insights. I will probably upload a video of the sound tomorrow to shed some light on what could be causing this.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaixxa View Post
    Ung engine po sana, if there's something deeply wrong with it. Ako po ung nag post sa ni-replyan nyo about the tapping sound sa engine pag inandar ang AC or paminsan pag mag apak ng accelerator. Hindi ko pa natingnan ung RPM kasi di ko muna dinala ang kotse sa office
    without hearing that sound, we're just all speculating here.
    and speculation sometimes costs a lot of money.
    what you need, is a learned ear to hear it.
    possibilities include anything from normally expanding metal, to a loose nut and bolt, to coins in the glovebox, to somethings even more serious and expensive.
    good luck.

por ejemplo,
    in my non-mitsu, a tapping sound was traced to loose air cleaner housing cover. "we forgot to put the clamps back on."
    Last edited by dr. d; July 26th, 2018 at 01:19 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    edit ang haba na pala ng thread. ..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    edit ang haba na pala ng thread. ..
    yup!
    we're all guessing.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Paano malalaman kung kelan matatapos ang warranty?

May pinarepair kasi akong accessory sa casa. I was expecting na hahanapin nila ang resibo ng kotse to determine kung pasok sa warranty o hinde. Pero ang tinanong lang sa akin ay kung anong year model ang kotse.

Ibig sabihin ba nun based sa year model ng sasakyan ang warranty?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post

May pinarepair kasi akong accessory sa casa. I was expecting na hahanapin nila ang resibo ng kotse to determine kung pasok sa warranty o hinde. Pero ang tinanong lang sa akin ay kung anong year model ang kotse.

Alamin mo kelan exact day na delivered kotse mo sayo. Then bilang ka 36 months or 100k kms.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

"small talk from un-informed personnel", if you ask me.
    it should be in your resibo. heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2016

Mya record din sila Service nyan sir. Makikita nila kung kelan maeexpire yang warranty mo sir.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast