New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    just stay away from the 87 model .... although in fairness SOBRANG TIBAY nad LITERALLY INDESTRUCTABLE but its realls SLOW SLOW SLOW dahil sa bigat and its underpowered ng todo that if you hit 60kph pasalamat kna .... plus its aircon is a problem .... so stay away from this model

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ilan ba ang lumabas na variant ang pajero? May gen1 na 4 dr may 2 dr. May gen2 na 4 dr may 2 dr. May gen2 na round yung headlights may square. Meron din may canvass top. Tapos may Evo pa. May pajero mini pa. Ilan ba talaga?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    100kph ang topspeed ng non-turbo GEN I Pajero namin dati. hehehe. Sobrang bagal. Pero I can vouch for its durability. Locally installed din ang A/C (may units na dealer installed ang a/c) so baka matapat ka talaga sa hindi maganda. Yung mga turbo, OEM na ang a/c. Yung may mga vent selectors, etc.

Locally, walang variation. One kind lang parati with dressed up models that come around every once in a while (e.g. GEN II FM and GEN II.5 Limited).

Internationally, body type is either SWB (3door) or LWB (5door). GEN I and II had optional soft top.

The ones with round headlamps were basic models. Trim level varies with market. Exceed is the top JDM trim. Worldwide, its usually the GLS trim that is on top. Local units do not have trim designation though trim level is close to GLS spec. In the US, trim was LS and SR.

There were other vehicles which used the 'Pajero' name but were not really related to the lineage. Including the Pajero Jr., Pajero Mini, Pajero Io, etc.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    how much po yung 96 and 99 local pajero?

ok din ba mga pajero sa subic?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    '96 is around Php550k, '99 goes for around Php750k

Don't get a converted (Subic) unit unless you really know your cars. You might regret it.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ic...may tropa kc ko sa subic mismo na nagbebenta...and sbe nila ok naman daw mga conversion now adays...original LHD gearbox na daw.....pro i think il go on local pajeros.....

someone is selling me 99 pajero for 680K.....kya prang duda ko....bka may 1-2-3 na panloloko to.....hmmm????

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Of course they will say that it's ok. They are the ones selling it. Conversion does not end with transferring the steering wheel to the left side. There are other controls, the ventilation system, headlamps, etc. that have to be put to LHD spec. Even if I know my Pajeros inside and out, I still wouldn't venture getting an ex-Japanese unit. But that's just me. Your call, I guess.

My uncle's '99 FM was less than Php500k. But it was a recovered stolen unit that was auctioned off (the insurance company already compensated the owner prior to the unit's recovery).

I would be wary of units being sold at fire-sale prices.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    corek ka dyan....eventhough trusted ko yung friend ko...i still prefer local units...i agree wd u....mhirap cnverted..muntik nko ma-enganyo dun....thanks....

naku, teka...how can i get rid sa mga stolen units na for sale ngayun? dpat cguro pa check muna sa LTO history of registration? ganon ba?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A recovered stolen unit can be sold through legal means (e.g. via auction). I'm not sure what processes a recovered unit will go through but it almost always includes having to issue a new license plate and new paperwork.

Avoid units with shady paperwork (whether stolen or not). You can check this at Crame and with LTO.

An uncle of mine also deals in converted vehicles, but I don't think I'm going to be one of his clients.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hehe...ako din yoko na converted khet mismo friend ko salesman sa subic and i can get big discount and can get the best unit they have....il go for local units as per advice of many experts.....thanks to all.....if i hv questions il post again....

m thinking of buying a 96/99 pajero or 99 ford XP....almost same price na 96 pajero and 99 XP e.....wats best?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Q on Pajero Generation