New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Pa tulong naman po. Yung friend ko po kasi wanted to buy this car. I have no idea with this car. Asking price nung nagbebenta is 270k. Ok naman po yung interior, sure naman di na ondoy at pedring kasi kilala nya yung gumamit. What should my friend look out when slling second have car. Reasonable naba yung 270k? OK naman yung paint, alaga at walang masyadong scratch kahit na color black yung car. Maraming salamat po sa tulong..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    first and foremost, it uses more gas... 7 to 9 km/liter. can you live with it?
    look at the headlights. they should be clear. if they are sort of darkened or smoked on the inside, the headlights may not be as bright as you want them at night. casa sells each new assembly for 10K if it has on stock.. if you're lucky, you may stumble onto a clean surplus pair selling for 2-3K (get the stanley brand).
    the CVT is a joy to drive! i have heard horror stories..., but i have not experienced any. make sure yours is ok.
    try out all the power thinggies and lights. everything must work perfectly. fixing one may be a chore.
    the original mags' center caps are easy to lose, and difficult to get replacements. i have heard some owners changing their mags because they can't fine center cap replacements. is someone out there collecting them?
    lastly, these cars didn't sell in large numbers. so, don't expect sari sari stores to have all the spare parts you may need..
    so, why did i get one? because i simply love the external morphology and the passenger space amenities. it feels less cramped inside.. i feel more relaxed inside it, compared to how i feel inside the civic or altis..
    270k seems to be the ballpark asking figure out there, but i just don't know how much it will really exchange hands for..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    7-9KM/L? hmmm.. Kahit po gamitin yung Manual mode transmission nya, ganun pa din ba? Parang 1997 na sentra pala FC nito. Anyway di naman po sa akin pero I'll inform my friend. Ok pa po yung mga power amenities nya. Fog lamp are OK and malabo lang ng kaonti yung headlight pero kita parin mechanism ng headlight. 91k na po tinakbo ng Auto. Smooth naman po pagchange ng gear kapa A/T mode, tapos Ok po hila kapag naka Manual. Complete pa yung mga center caps nya. Faded lang konti yung lancer chrome sa likuran at wala na yung chrome na CVT sa side. Anu po pala yung Thermostat??? And lastly anu po horror stories regarding CVT. never drove one kasi eh.. Yung radiator nya pala, pinalitan yung sa taas. di ko alam anung type of metal yun.. Yun lang po napansin ko sa Auto nung pinadriv sa amin.. We huggle it up to 250k. Pwede pa kayang ibaba yun??

Q: Mitsubishi Lancer MX 2003 A/T