New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    gumana na yung OD. blue wire na may white stripe pala yung para sa OD.
    kaya pala hindi ko makita kasi nakakabit yung blue with white stripe na wire sa oil pressure switch.

kinabit ko lang sa negative ng battery ok na.

salamat po sa mga tumulong.

tanong lang po mga sir:

Ok lang po ba na-naka bypass yung OD? Wala po bang ibang side effect yun?

Ano pong kulay ng wire yung ilalagay ko dun sa oil pressure switch?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    ok po ba ang shell DONAX as ATF para 4m40? wala po nakalagay sa specs (sa bottle) kung dexron II na sya pero according to SHELL staff, dexron III na daw...

I recently had my atf changed, chocolate lumabas, any idea bakit yun?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    ok po ba ang shell DONAX as ATF para 4m40? wala po nakalagay sa specs (sa bottle) kung dexron II na sya pero according to SHELL staff, dexron III na daw...

I recently had my atf changed, chocolate lumabas, any idea bakit yun?

sir,
    i think dexron III is okay, as this was also the ATF na ginamit ko on my last fluid change, coz dexron II is not available in the local shops. so far wala naman problema.

i suggest, instead of a normal ATF change, flush the whole system, then clean or replace the filter, also change the gasket as this becomes brittle over time. the ATF should not be "chocolate" in color. this maybe a sign of fluid contamintion or clogged filter. have this done by a competent mechanic. some gas stations don't have this expertise. the transfer case guard and the cross member supporting the tranny will have tobe removed, so as to remove the other 4 bolts of the ATF sump.

BTW i don't know if this is an OEM part. but my tranny has 6 pcs. of 3mm x 15mm x 25mm magnets attached to the bottom of the ATF pan. these magnets attracts the very small metal bits (if any) from further circulating to the tranny internals. check if you have these magnets. it's wise to have these to prevent damage. those ref magnets will do. when i saw mine, there were very fine sand-like metals attached to the magnets.

BTW ATF should be about 6-7 liters for 4m40 tranny. after removing the sump and filter, run the engine for NOT MORE than 15 seconds. this will expel the remaining fluid from the torque converter.

delayed gear changes, no OD upshift and shuddering movement during start-up are some of the symptoms of dirty ATF. better check all these. good luck!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks.. I planned to change my atF again this week to valvoline dexron III.. parang duda ako sa atf ng shell donax..

We found 6 pcs magnets din sa casing....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
problem with gear change