New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am an old timer myself, and the ads you abstracted are very attractive, indeed! those were the days when these pajeros were the status symbol, and when my pocketbook was virtually empty. so now, kaya ko nang bumili nang kaunti and here they are in such cheap price quotes. but i wonder, how much more will i spend to bring them up to really decent condition? are spare parts still available?...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I agree...getting a Pajero with that mileage and other considerations, such as wear and tear will surely entail a hefty upgrade price tag.

But then again, if your a Mitsubishi Pajero fanatic...then I guess that there is no need to explain why you're still interested in this model.

IMHO, if I have the cash to spare...why not...this model is really nice and dependable from what I see and hear.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    In 1989, in my first school day in Manila, this vehicle chilled my interest... I promised to myself I'll buy one someday. Maporma at barako tindeg... but I dont know if this is a good buy considering more than 20 years elapsed. Let's say I'll get one at 250K and spent another 150K for reconditioning, for the price of 400K I can buy another type of vehicle not as this old. Hard to decide, huh?

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    to the ts, we have the same feeling back then, pag nag work ako ill surely buy one, but when i started to work and save reallty kicks in- maintenance and fuel consuption - ended buying a mpv hehehehe

anyway if you have a 400k budget better get 1998 up model, tyaga lang sa paghahanap... my friend got a 2000 (not but i think it was 2002 local)up model just 500k.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    matagal din ako nag isip na mag restore ng pajero boxtype.

pero the model is ancient by today's standards na. much better to get a 96 model and restore that. mas maganda kasi ang ride ng 96 and later, at mas maganda din yung 4wd system nito. shift on the fly 4x4 with locked low and 4wd hi. yung boxtype part time 4wd lang, masisira pag ginamit mo yung ibang modes sa maayos na daan.

i ended up buying a 96. the cost to restore the boxtype is too great, at wala pa ako spare cash to burn at that time. i had to let my beloved 96 pajero go, too, kasi wala ako pang maintenance.

these days, lalo na after nung ondoy, iniisip ko bumili ulit. nakita ko yung isang boxtype na pinasuka lang ung makina umandar na ulit, walang ECU-ECU, changeoil lang at bagong air filter, andar! hahaha. tumulong pa nga hilahin yung mga kotse ko na nabaha sa garahe papunta sa shop.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thanks for all the insights.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by buthead View Post
    masyado ka ata nagpapabata walang ginawa na boxtype nun 1990-1998 baka 1980-1987.

bilugan na ang mga kotse sa panahon na sinabi mo

as for the cost. mga 1.50 lng yan!

Bili ka ng posporo sa tindahan tsaka mo sindihan

yan ang cost nyan!

hahaha

1980-1988 yun boxtype.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
price ng box type