New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    sir *leninmac, mine is G4 GLX, though touchscreen HU na sya, GPS ready nadin pero i am leaning towards sa dashcam...siguro saka na yung GPS tutal may Waze naman

2. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    sir *JohnM, meron ka bang marerecommend na shop na budget meal lang regarding sa speaker/sound upgrade? thanks!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dcvingkamotekid View Post
    thanks sir *GTi, brand new po mirage 2016 G4 GLX CVT. That's what i thought so, HID, fogs and horns are my priorities prior to posting this thread. Any recommended shops for HID and fogs so as horns? thanks!
    I'm a regular at Philbest at Araneta. Have been buying from them for years. Nakakailang HID at horn na ako sakanila, though fogs hindi pa.

I've also bought quite a few HU's from them. It was there that I learned that the audio output of stock speakers can differ immensely depending on the type of HU installed. The audio quality of my relative's Carnival (China brand touchscreen HU with stock speakers) is simply atrocious in comparison to our Carnival (Pioneer AVH-295BT also with stock speakers) which sounds like it has a sub hidden away somewhere. PracticaL upgrade for Mirage G4 CVT

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dcvingkamotekid View Post
    sir *leninmac, mine is G4 GLX, though touchscreen HU na sya, GPS ready nadin pero i am leaning towards sa dashcam...siguro saka na yung GPS tutal may Waze naman
    A ok. I thought the GPS came in standard with both the GLS and GLX line up. This is what my dashcam looks like.

https://www.*******/item/kn-night-in...l?h=2eefc7bf9b

Different brand but same setup. I like it because there's very little wiring exposed and no suction cups used kasi naka built in na sa rearview mirror. There are even some variants that's already running Android and has Waze on it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for a small car first i would think of are horns, drl, fogs. those things make the car more "visible" for avoiding accidents.

next will be seat covers. you don't want to get the seats looking old when you sell the car later.

leather steering wheel and shift lever comes next.

tints syempre, but not too dark. maliit na nga kotse tapos bulag pa yung driver sa loob e mas malapit sa accidente. avoiding an accident takes 2, YOU and the other driver. don't give yourself a handicap by installing too dark tints. max should be dark on the windows and rear glass, medium for the front windshield.

if you opt for hid be sure it is a proper hid installation using projector housings. otherwise glare lang sa kasalubong ang result at wala din masyadong improvement kasi sabog ang ilaw. and with proper tints you will not need hid naman. a hl bulb upgrade will suffice if you only have medium tint in front.
    Last edited by yebo; August 2nd, 2017 at 06:15 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and please no pineapple juice can exhaust. yung tinatawag na sientobente exhaust - tunog siento takbong beinte. if you want to race then buy a race car. don't be one of those pretenders. nothing makes a car owner more baduy than a noisy car that can't deliver.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    and please no pineapple juice can exhaust. yung tinatawag na sientobente exhaust - tunog siento takbong beinte. if you want to race then buy a race car. don't be one of those pretenders. nothing makes a car owner more baduy than a noisy car that can't deliver.
    Hahahaha. Dami nito sa daan, with matching blinking lights pa and lowered stance. Siga pa yung iba sa daan, akala ata nila bibilis sasakyan nila with body kits and stickers.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Hahahaha. Dami nito sa daan, with matching blinking lights pa and lowered stance. Siga pa yung iba sa daan, akala ata nila bibilis sasakyan nila with body kits and stickers.
    OT:
    Don't know about you sir pero sa case ko, lumakas hatak ng sasakyan ko nung nilagyan ko ng 'nuffsaid' at 'panty-dropper' stickers. hehehe joke lang.

Going back:
    Get a dashcam and a headlight upgrade.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    thanks sa inputs sir *GTi, say i don't have ample monies to get an HID and would settle for LED (HLs) and 3000k fogs (super yellow) projector, di kaya magkaagawan ng buga ng ilaw yung 2 types ng bulbs?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    sir *leninmac, GPS ready lang yung 2016 GLX variant, i think all it needs is a memory card to function. Regarding sa dashcam, i am considering Din Yi dashcam in the future.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast