New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    With the Pajero diesel engines or most diesel engines for that matter, the cleanliness of the diesel is important. I've heard that the diesel here in the Philippines lacks 2 - 3 processes compared to other countries. In other words, our diesel here is quite dirty. Previously, I had to choose which I gas station I load diesel from, as gas stations that are prone to flooding would mean that gasoline from their tanks could be contaminated.

However, when Petron Turbo Diesel and Shell V-Power came out, I've tried them and although their cost is 2 to 4 pesos more expensive that regular diesel per liter, it's worth it. There's less smoke, it's easier to start up in the morning, and there's more power. Just my 2 cents.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
    With the Pajero diesel engines or most diesel engines for that matter, the cleanliness of the diesel is important. I've heard that the diesel here in the Philippines lacks 2 - 3 processes compared to other countries. In other words, our diesel here is quite dirty. Previously, I had to choose which I gas station I load diesel from, as gas stations that are prone to flooding would mean that gasoline from their tanks could be contaminated.

However, when Petron Turbo Diesel and Shell V-Power came out, I've tried them and although their cost is 2 to 4 pesos more expensive that regular diesel per liter, it's worth it. There's less smoke, it's easier to start up in the morning, and there's more power. Just my 2 cents.

and maintenance is very important for diesel equipt vehicles. a dirty air intake filter, usok na agad yan.

OT, Mark, i think nakasabay kita minsan sa Edsa-Magallanes.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo View Post
    ganuon ba. sabagay sa pinas dinaman masyadang makapag patakbo ng mabilis. eh maintenance ng diesal sa gas counterpart engine may pagkakaiba ba?
    -- maraming difference, search ka sa internet ng sample maintenance computation ng gas vs. diesel. meron din dito kaso you need to back read

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    OT, Mark, i think nakasabay kita minsan sa Edsa-Magallanes.
    That's a definite possibility sir. ;)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    mga sir, meron na ba naka HID dito?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    That's a definite possibility sir. ;)

mark, are you working at 67? i saw your car parked here several times already :bike:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Thats true, nai kwento rin sa kin ng family friend namin that in the middle east yung diesel duon is almost like kerosene (clear), unlike ours (yellowish) which is more like a synthetic oil in thickness or a bit thinner...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Thats true, nai kwento rin sa kin ng family friend namin that in the middle east yung diesel duon is almost like kerosene (clear), unlike ours (yellowish) which is more like a synthetic oil in thickness or a bit thinner...

-- dito nga sa amin BG may pagka-greenish yellow pa diesel eh. BTW, yung gen 2-2.5 pajero kaya natin pwede yung euro 4 level na quality ng diesel? Ano ba euro level ng Petron Turbo diesel? hehe, hindi ko alam quality level niyan kasi wala rito.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    -- dito nga sa amin BG may pagka-greenish yellow pa diesel eh. BTW, yung gen 2-2.5 pajero kaya natin pwede yung euro 4 level na quality ng diesel? Ano ba euro level ng Petron Turbo diesel? hehe, hindi ko alam quality level niyan kasi wala rito.

Euro 2 din yan, me additive lang siguro. tried it pero didn't feel the effect. Nung pinalinis ko yung strainer ng tranny tsaka patay lagi rear aircon nag improve fc ko.

Kaya naman ng paj ang euro 4, it may even be better for it i bet. Dami pajero around the world, and most of the countries using it are euro 4... japan, middle east, uk etc.. etc...

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    crazy_boy: No I don't sir. I park there when I've got a meeting at Shang.

Blue_Gambit: Strange that you didn't feel the effect with Petron TD. On my Gen 2 & Isuzu Trooper, the engine runs smoother when I switch from Diesel Max / Diesel Ultra to Petron TD / V-Power Diesel.

Anyway, as long as you're happy with how your Paj runs, it's fine.

Pajero Owners Club