New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ARB,
    Talaga, di dapat pa adjust din TB para pantay. Kaya ba maghapon, saka saan lugar ang shop.Pareho lang ba OME saka ARB? Gusto ko kasi pag dating sa off road eh medyo smooth pa rin at di matalbog, then sa high way eh parang chedeng ang ride, meron b nun?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by paj4x4
    Maki,

Are you sure you installed the correct length shocks up front? If one installs longer length shocks than required the suspension will feel like its bottoming out.

Or you may have cranked up the TB’s too much. Remember cranking the TB’s to gain some lift will limit suspension travel. Personally I will not exceed 2 inches. You also have to hack your bumpstops to regain some articulation up front. I cut mine to about ½ of its original size.

Hope this helps.

Paj4x4

actually the first thing i did was install the monroe shocks(stock height). then it bottoms out, so i adjusted the TB's, less bottoming out, but better/softer ride.

question lang diba pag nag adjust ng tb to get more height, ang nababawasan is yung droop? like when u jack the car up by the chassis, konti lang ang "Droop" ng gulong kasi nga tumatama na agad sa bumpstop. the problem im having is that pag nag speed humps ako, tapos pag bagsak ng car tsaka magbobottom out (downward movement) not when pataas =( sori labo ako magexplain.. heheheh

im pretty sure it was the same length, but softer or easier to compress. kasi the KYB''s GAJ that i took out was still in good condition. tapos we had the opportunity to test/compress the socks by hand to test which is softer.

overall we tried the KYB GAJ, Monroe matic plus and KYB Excel G's, this is the order from hardest to easiest to compress (by hand), but the diff between the KYB GAJ and monro matic plus was not that big, (but evident) as compared to the monro maticplus and the KYB Excel G's, wherein the excel G's could be compressed to the groun by just using one hand...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dab - its hard to get that merc ride with a leaf sprung suspended vehicle, close maybe but we cannot get both worlds. but it in my case I can attest to the ride quality compard to stock and compared to other isuzu pick-ups at that. I before had inverted rear leafs and the ride was better than stock then i changed to OME leafs and it was better than the inverted stock leaf ride. yes adjustment of the front TB's but not too much the stance should be front lower a bit. OME is under ARB. You can get your OME's there in manila from RATS 4x4.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ARB,
    Thanks Bro for the input, I was about to upgrade under chassis and aiconditioning instead of painting which will cost me 30K or more na sasama pa loob ko pag nagasgasan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
pajero genII +monroe bottoming out