New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    good day to all, whats the best and effective tranny oil treatment/additive for m/t pajero gen2? lately, i've been hearing "ugong" sound somewhere sa tranny. pls post any specific brand and where to buy it. thanks and happy motoring

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stranger View Post
    good day to all, whats the best and effective tranny oil treatment/additive for m/t pajero gen2? lately, i've been hearing "ugong" sound somewhere sa tranny. pls post any specific brand and where to buy it. thanks and happy motoring
    "Ugong" could be everywhere and its hard to point out where the noise really came from. Check under car and look anything like loose bolts, fried rubber gromet, busted tranny mount even U joint can cause annoying "ugong". If in doubt, replace your tranny filter and fluid first before using something additive that you dont know, if that could help your problem or make worse.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hmph... I would rather gamble on an engine oil treatment over tranny oil treatment. tranny oil is for excessive pressure. patingin muna, then kung tranny ang maysira, paayos nalang o bili ng surplus.
    Last edited by rion; December 17th, 2008 at 02:31 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    finally solved the "ugong" sound sa tranny. changed the tranny's gear oil and used 2 ltrs of 140 and 1 ltr of grade90, instantly upon testing, the "ugong" sound was gone. had it done at sp intn'l in banawe. so far, everything's working fine. thanks for your inputs

pajero gen2 tranny oil treatment/additive