New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Need help here. Pareho ba ang chassis ng pajero na may 4d56 engine at pajero 4m40? Im talking about the jdm generation 2 pajero. Same lang na 5 door ang body. Pareho ba ang chassis nito?
    One more thing, pareho din ba ang mga suspension and everything underchassis? Engine lang ba talaga ang pinagkaiba? Please help. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Magkaiba yung front crossmembers and engine support.
    Iba ang transmission and transfer case.
    Naka 1" body lift din ang 4m40 to clear the taller transmission on some models.

Ask woodfire, he did a 4m40 conversion on a 4d56 Pajero.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    So ano ba ang dapat gawin kung sakaling chassis ng 4d56 ang gagamitin to fit the 4m40 engine, tranny and body?
    We are trying to do this kse yung chassis na dumating from japan with the 4m40 engine is so rusty and we dont have any choice but to swap it with the chassis of the 4d56 pero sana pag nabuo walang pinagkaiba sa original na 4m40 pajero. Alam ko nga mas mataas ang body nito than 4d56.
    This is the project car of my brother and im tryin to help him. Thanks for the help.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not restore the chassis? Sandblast and repair sections that need attention. Have a classic car restorer do it [e.g. Alex Car Restoration]. Wala pa kaming bad experience sa kanila.

Baka mas maging complicateded pa if gawin mong 'chopsuey' yung sasakyan.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Doc Otep could you kindly help me get in touch with Alex Car Restoration (contact # if you have) or any other reputable shop near Marikina. I noticed some rust on my paj's rear crossmember (the last one). Thanks in advance.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sir otep, pls give the number or address of that shop. Hindi kya mahal magparestore? We are also thinking nga kung ipaliha nalang namin then turco, then primer, tapos paint. Ok rin kya yon?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hindi ba ok kung kuhain lang namin yung chassis ng 4d56 at dun namin ilipat lahat ng pang 4m40?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    since they don't exactly have the same mounting points and clearances (4d56 vs 4m40), baka sumakit lang ulo niyo sir. best to use the same one.

but then again, woodfire did a conversion, so hopefully he could post the details on this. :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rheas
    hindi ba ok kung kuhain lang namin yung chassis ng 4d56 at dun namin ilipat lahat ng pang 4m40?
    I think this is illegal (it's called 'ringing' in other countries).

Wala sakin ang number ng Alex.

But hey, if they can restore a '65 Mustang's chassis and body after years of rotting as junk, then they can do a relatively modern [but simple] Pajero chassis.

I'm not sure about price pero at least hindi mo na maisusugal ang safety and reliability ng sasakyan dahil sa experimentation.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for a quick and easier solution, why not do a frame-off restoration of the chassis? Meron yatang media blasting kina Alex Isip.

If you are adventurous, you can do a swap with some modifications especially the engine mountings. You will also have to transplant the 4M40 cross member, tranny, transfer case, propeller shaft, and rear drive axle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
pajero chassis