New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JFD*SG View Post
    Good Day Mitsu Old Skoolers!

I am planning to set-up a Mitsubishi Celeste next year and nag start na ako mag scout ng mga kailangan ko.

Start from the scratch ako dito guys.
    Here are my questions:
    My plan sana is Mitsubishi Celeste: Saan pa kaya ako makakakita ng body nito?
    This is a tough one! I read at Top Gear once that there are a few old-school Mitsu parts dealers along Banaue, but I forgot the shops' names.

Engine: most likely makakita man ako ng old celeste eh mukhang pa goodbye na rin ang engine nito so ang question ko is pwede ko bang lagyan Mitu Box Type engine ang celeste?
    Most likely, I once read that the Celeste engine is a 4G32, which is pretty much the same as the 4G33 which is the one on the Box Type. Dunno much about the details on clearances and engine mounts (paging the experts), but I just want to give you more motivation on your project. And hey, you can also drop in a 4G63 on that! I saw a Box Type with a DOHC 4G63 EFI a couple of years ago. And there's really a stock Box Type Lancer with a turbocharged 2.0L DOHC 4G63 back in the early '80s. It's called the Lancer EX 2000 Turbo Intercooled. So, kung gusto, maraming sumusulpot na paraan. Go! Go! Go!

Doors: the highlight of this project would be the Lambo Door just to highlight the sporty look of this car. How much po ba sa market ang mechanism ng Lambo Door including installation?
    I recommend leaving the doors as is. Just do regular maintenance on the hinges, lock mechanisms, and window mechanisms (if needed any). It just needs a show-car paintjob without all the fuss. It looks best with matching paint and complete trims. It'll even be more appreciated by serious car buffs and pedestrians alike. Although it won't get as much oohs and ahhs that Lambo doors do, an immaculate factory-perfect stock vintage beats any other car anywhere. Just slap on era-accurate 13" wide rims to complete the look. There you go, a perfect vintage Mitsubishi. But if you still want the scissor doors, who are we to stop you?

Good luck on your project! Keep us updated...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hey guys!
    New here. Pasali ha, I got a Boxtype '83 model, Saturn engine.

Ask ko lang sana kung ano talaga best na battery, motolite enduro 2SM ba or Outlast 2SM? Bumigay na kasi battery ko yesterday.

At sino2 po bang mga taga cainta rizal dito specifically sa bandang valleygolf?

Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Dude JFD, you might want to take a look at this:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/other-ca...-yo-roots.html

This is a page of the history of the 4G63 and the cars they've been put on. The page shows a 4G63 Celeste. But it takes quite a bit to load, since the page is full of pictures.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [quote=jojoico;204674]ako din sali..here's my old skul mitsu..gamit paminsan-minsan quote]

I used to own this car, asan na kaya ito? One time I was even contemplating na bilhin ulit at basta keep it in stock para kung magretire na ako I will still have a project car. But that will be in 15 years time baka wala na spare parts by that time.

And this is the company car way back in indonesia, corona exior

and now this is my baby,
    Last edited by GoThicbLuE; July 28th, 2009 at 12:46 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Good PM. My dad has a 1977 lancer EL. Can someone here recommend a good mechanic kasi plan ko sya ulit paandarin.Mejo naka stuck na kasi cya ng 3 years. Also, where can I buy yung mga needed kong parts?are they still commercially available? Thank you...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ax30g View Post
    Good PM. My dad has a 1977 lancer EL. Can someone here recommend a good mechanic kasi plan ko sya ulit paandarin.Mejo naka stuck na kasi cya ng 3 years. Also, where can I buy yung mga needed kong parts?are they still commercially available? Thank you...
    ax30g,
    I use to source parts from El Dorado, but I dont know if they are still around. Its in Banwe & Pasay & one time inside Megamall.
    I source body parts from Saulo in Congressional Avenue. Its near Tandang Sora. The marker is Starbucks. If you see Starbucks, enter that road & just by the corner 2 car parts shops. Ala junk shop style.
    Good luck on the restoration. Post your picts.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by busdriver View Post
    ax30g,
    I use to source parts from El Dorado, but I dont know if they are still around. Its in Banwe & Pasay & one time inside Megamall.
    I source body parts from Saulo in Congressional Avenue. Its near Tandang Sora. The marker is Starbucks. If you see Starbucks, enter that road & just by the corner 2 car parts shops. Ala junk shop style.
    Good luck on the restoration. Post your picts.
    Thanks for the suggestion...Yes I will.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
oldschoolmitsu cars