New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Why is mitsu passing it off as something from this century? Isn't that a bit backward? I could understand why it took so long for the Hilux (4x4) to totally change to something like what it is today, because the Hilux is a CLASSIC vehicle, that changing the formula seem to be the hardest thing to do to that vehicle. I remember die hard off roaders where aghast when they introduced the IFS Hilux 4x4, it took time for them to adjust to the new change. Case in point: the jeep wrangler when it sported rectangular headlights instead of the classic round ones. The jeep community was in an uproar. I wouldn't consider the Montero to be a classic, no one seemed to notice as far as the majority of the motoring folks in this country that the montero sport is a very old vehicle, that it doesn't have anything to make it a classic vehicle. Is Mitsu trying to test the waters and hope that folks will snap it up like hotcakes? I wonder how the motoring community will react to the specs of the upcoming Toyota Fortuner or the rumored entry of the Isuzu MU as compared to the Montero Sport. Or is it worth comparing? No offense to the Montero Sport fans and owners, I just think that this vehicle came in too late in an era when everything should be forward looking. What are your thoughts on this?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    thats common with mitsu, they always sell OLD cars with old engines here

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think they're disposing old inventory (it was already discontinued in the US) here in the philippines.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I think yung Montero Sport dito ay kaparehas nung sa Europe at South America.Ok naman siya at saka maraming bumibili ay dahil 4X4 at Montero Sport siya.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    typical mitsubishi...
    the gen 3 pajero was available as early as 99 yata.
    dito nung 99 bagong labas palang ang gen 2.5

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with ibaloi. but i think the gen 2 pajero is a classic. d naluluma yung itsura at gwapings pa din. kahit sa china, the factories there are mass producing that model.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The MS is still in production in Japan and is still being sold in most other world markets. One of the few markets where it is not being sold is the US because it is not really suited to the market's needs and Mitsubishi has developed a replacement based on the USDM Galant. The parts sharing will save them tons of cash and they will have lesser parts to inventory unlike with the MS because it does not share much with any of the US offerings (wala namang Strada sa US).

Though the MS may not be a big hit here or in the US, it still has its own cult following. Maganda din ang following ng MS in other Asian and European markets though hindi MS ang tawag sa kanya in most other places.

And unlike most SUV's which have gone soft through the years, the MS has remained true to the core values of midsize 4x4's.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the capabilities of the Montero is not questioned here, but the late introduction of Montero by Mitsu Phils in this country. ang as Ibaloi posted, passing it as if it was just developed this century, wherein it was first introduced in other countries more than 10 yrs ago!
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    They are in trouble as we all know it and they try to put all their crappy cars up for sale as long as people buy them.

Examples:
    1. Box type Lancer (1982 to 1988) - 7 years for a car that was only sold to 3rd world countries
    2. Box type Galant
    3. L300 (1987 to present?) - now this is what we call, the beetle of mitsu, almost 20 years and still selling
    4. The montero sport (1997-2003) - old and yet sold as "new" model to other countries.....its almost 10 years old
    5. Galant....they still sell the old style galant..they were redesigned for 2004.....the 2005 galant was discontinued in 2003....

Jap car manufacturers usually redesign in 4 to 5 years.....What mitsu is doing is trying to survive which, unfortunately, they pass primitive products to their customers.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yeah, sana they introduced them dati pa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
That Old Montero Sport and then some