New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    guys, i am trying to make it a habit to check the oil levels of my pajero gen 2 as often as possible. if the indicator shows that it is near the lower level already, how much oil should I add? i remember kasi doc diesel saying that di dapat naka lubog in oil when you take a look inside the oil cap. hangang saan lang dapat?

thanks,

andy

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    best done using oil dip stick

dip stick is located on right (drivers side i.e. when seated on driver's seat its to your right inside the engine bay/compartment

to be done weekly before vehicle is driven or about 15 minutes after engine shut off

pull dipstick out
    clean off with rag and reinsert
    Note oil on end of dipstick
    Add oil as necessaryto keep level between MAX and MIN marks on tip of dip stick or within hatched area of dipstick

source: HAYNES Pajero manual 1-9

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the amount of oil between the MIN and MAX is approx 1L. so if you're in the halfway mark, you just add half a liter and your'e in full.

But of course the best method will be to add oil in small increments and monitor through the dipstick

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    so i just gradually add oil and keep re-checking the dipstick? mag-reflect ba kaagad yan?

thanks,

andy

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wait for around 3 minutes kada dagdag.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks PK, sabay tayo nagreply, di ko pa nabasa entry mo. will do that before i go home at lunch.

nasa may 1/4 mark na kasi ako, dagdag una ako ng 1/2 liter

andy

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    the best time to check the oil would be first thing in the morning. oil would have settled down overnight.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks paj4x4. i checked it before going home for lunch (3 hours na hindi umaandar ang engine) and the level was fine. i will check again tomorrow morning.

andy

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In general all your oil should be in the pan 30 minutes after engine shutdown

oil levels on pajero