New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    guys, pansin ko lang. almost everybody is using the diesel Adventure. Is it because the gas adventure is not good? planning to get a gas adventure kse because it's cheaper and maintenance is cheaper din daw. ok lang ba ang gas version? what is your opinion on this?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Gas Adventure is not bad at all. In fact, it has a powerful gas engine. It is quieter and less vibration too. The reason why most of us here bought diesel would probably be the frugality of diesel engine and cheaper fuel... but you can argue that, gas and diesel fuel cost are not that far from each other.

Sa Yahoo MAC, marami-rami din ang meron gas Adventure.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanne
    guys, pansin ko lang. almost everybody is using the diesel Adventure. Is it because the gas adventure is not good? planning to get a gas adventure kse because it's cheaper and maintenance is cheaper din daw. ok lang ba ang gas version? what is your opinion on this?

I don't know about the others, pero ako sa bundok nakatira - which necessitates the use of a diesel-powered vehicle. Besides, my rationale is, if one is looking for speed, then one is better off with a sedan or coupe, instead of a gas-powered AUV with a high center of gravity.

I gather that the gas Adventure's engine is the same one found in the Galant, but I wouldn't have any idea how it is in the long run. Totoo na mas mahal ang diesel engine sa gas, because diesel engines are more massive so as to tolerate higher levels of stress. Pero in terms of maintenance, ewan ko kung mas mura pa rin ang gas. Diesel engines have fewer working parts i.e. no need for sparkplugs, and they generally last longer, too.

Depende talaga kung saan mo gagamitin yung sasakyan.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 4th, 2005 at 02:41 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    i see. thanks for your input, guys. has anyone in the MAC forums actually initiated a thread comparing maintenace cost and mileage (km/liter) between gas and diesel adventure variants? this would be a good discussion topic for everyone.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i see. thanks for your input, guys. has anyone in the MAC forums actually initiated a thread comparing maintenace cost and mileage (km/liter) between gas and diesel adventure variants? this would be a good discussion topic for everyone.
    mileage is no contest... gas can average 6-8km/l and diesel can average 9-11km/l.

pero nice idea yung... post you maintenance cost (gas vs diesel) para magka-alamanan alin ang mas mahal.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    has anyone in the MAC forums actually initiated a thread comparing maintenace cost and mileage (km/liter) between gas and diesel adventure variants? this would be a good discussion topic for everyone.
    I tend to think that any inherent fuel consumption figures on gas and diesel engines will ultimately be offset by personal driving style. For example, even if I drive a diesel vehicle for economy, I could still lose out in terms of mileage to a gas vehicle if I drive rather aggressively. Similarly, it is possible to achieve (or even surpass) diesel mileage in a gas-powered vehicle with proper driving habits and a good knowledge of the roads (to minimize excessive idling situations such as traffic jams).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Though the cost of gas and diesel per liter are somewhat close, do note that diesel engines are more fuel efficient. So say in a month, for the same distance, you'll end up paying more using a gasoline powered ride.

Also, with all the stop and go traffic, all the heat and the floods, its more practical to get a diesel powered ride.

IMHO, sa diesels kasi, konting misuse and konting mis-maintain, usok kaagad lolz... sa gas, mas di halata kasi. That is one reason why it appears na mas mura ang maintenance ng car.

As long as you give TLC to your diesel, it is for sure, one durable, fuel efficient, long lasting, and ultra dependable engine you can buy.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Sa tire pressure mo naman, dapat mo ngang bawasan yung sa harap. Going by the manufacturer's specs, 25psi sa harap, 30psi sa likod. Nakasulat yan sa door frame, katabi ng driver's seat.
    Hi Bogey! Nabalikan ko itong thread na ito... mag-kaiba pala yung naka specify sa atin na tire pressures... yung sa akin nakalagay 26psi sa harap at sa likod 39psi. Hmmm... napaisip ako kasi same wheel/tire sizes naman tayo diba (GLS sport)?

To remain in topic... still using petron dieselmax and biodiesel. I might swiltch to shell helix in next oil change.
    Last edited by RafRaf; October 24th, 2005 at 09:20 AM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    To diesel Adventure owners, does anyone actually use the pump on the fuel filter to remove air and water (DIY type)? If so, how often do you do it?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ako evry 10,000 sabay ng change oil ko tga malabon kais ako. caltex diesel gamit ko bagal kasi nung iba...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
oil and fuel  on your adventure