New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hello All.

My Lancer GSR 2001 is emitting noise in the radiator fan. I checked for a replacement motor and it cost 7,500 ( replacement - Taiwan made ).

Do you think it is better to buy a surplus motor?

How about repairing the motor itself?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    try mo hanap sa iba ng radiator fan motor parang sobrang mahal naman yata niyan. just replaced radiator fan for honda civic (new rad fan) cost only 1500pesos.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I canvassed original Mitsu parts for radiator motor and fan and got lowest quote at 9,400 pesos., very expensive. I then went to Evangelista and found a good surplus motor and fan for 700 pesos. Add 300 pesos for mechanic home service so all in all I spent 1,000 pesos for the repairs. So far all is ok. Warranty for surplus parts is one week only.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    bago k magpalit ng radiator fan eh try mo munang ispray ng wd40 yung fan. ganyan din nangyari s akin at ok na fan ko. sayang money mo kung magpapalit k kagad!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i just sprayed my radiator fan with wd40, checked the relay. ayaw pa rin tapos dinala ko sa mekaniko, when they removed the motor and opened it up. sunog yun loob, sayang original pa naman. replaced the motor placed the fan blade ayaw umikot. turns out yun fan blade yun may kasalanan kaya nasunog yun motor. recommend have it checked, dapat the fan blade can move freely within its housing. cost me 1050 for the taiwan made motor (circuit yun brand)

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I recently had the radiator fan motor replaced also. It was squeaking so I figured it was the bearing inside the motor. I decided not to put oil because if I did, it will only lubricate the bearings but not fix it. The original replacement part from Honda, where I usually have my civic 92 fixed, is about Php10k. So I went to Banawe. I didn't get surplus motor because there's no way of telling how much longer those things are going to work and I might have to buy a second one later. So I got a replacement motor (Circuit brand) which the seller said is a good brand. Has anyone tried this brand? Is it good? I only need it to work for two years to consider it good enough.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Santos View Post
    I recently had the radiator fan motor replaced also. It was squeaking so I figured it was the bearing inside the motor. I decided not to put oil because if I did, it will only lubricate the bearings but not fix it. The original replacement part from Honda, where I usually have my civic 92 fixed, is about Php10k. So I went to Banawe. I didn't get surplus motor because there's no way of telling how much longer those things are going to work and I might have to buy a second one later. So I got a replacement motor (Circuit brand) which the seller said is a good brand. Has anyone tried this brand? Is it good? I only need it to work for two years to consider it good enough.

How much did you pay for the replacement fan?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nagpalit na din ako ng motor ng rad fan. cost around 2k.

NoisY Radiator Fan