New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Despite all this frenzy about the Toyota Fortuner, I'm sure not all of you can afford its price tag of atleast P1.1 million. If your budget falls below the million peso range, you can still catch the new Mitsubishi Adventure Super Sport Limited Edition. It's a very decent SUV-wannabe.

Because the AUV is already being phased-out, Mitsubishi has discontinued production of its high-end Adventure Grand Sport. What they did was they picked-out the essentials out of the Grand Sport and placed them into the Super Sport to come up with the Adventure Super Sport Limited Edition at an unbelievable price of only P892,000 diesel-engine!

So what went away on this Limited Edition?

The seats are now fabric (no longer leather) - you can live with that, right?
    The spare tire is now under the chassis - you can sacrifice the sporty look on a tight budget right?
    The foldable dining trays attached to the seats are gone - who needs fine dining in a moving vehicle?
    You only get a 2-spoke steering wheel - ok, this is the only downside to me. It feels weird driving with 2-spoke steering wheel. My thumbs are always looking for something to cling to.

That's it! And the good thing is, you still get a DVD Entertainment System inside the cabin. All that for just P892,000! And if you want a yet cheaper version, they took out the DVD but got the spare tire hooked up on the back door (without cover) for a GLS Model worth P840,000!

You can't compare this with the Fortuner. But if you are on a tight budget, this Mitsubishi Adventure Limited Edition is a winner.

The only biggest negative for me is that they are only available in boring white and corny blue colors. What the fack?! The GLS Model has a black color option, which is cool though.

Overall Rating: For the budget conscious, this is your last shot to get an AUV with this kind of features.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    despite all those fancy dvd players, not safety features yet (airbags, ABS, etc).

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Airbags and ABS never existed in AUVs from the very beginning, so there's no reason to look for them now when AUVs are about to be phased-out. Even the top-of-the-line Isuzu Sportivo AUV priced at P1.08 million does not have airbags or ABS, so what more for a model that costs only P894,000?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why wont i buy an adventure? (like i have money) .. the looks..oh, the looks. (sowi ha, dehins ko talaga type)
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    Airbags and ABS never existed in AUVs from the very beginning, so there's no reason to look for them now when AUVs are about to be phased-out. Even the top-of-the-line Isuzu Sportivo AUV priced at P1.08 million does not have airbags or ABS, so what more for a model that costs only P894,000?
    how come cars costing a lot less than 900K have dual airbags & ABS?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hmm...I wana see. Pero its still the AUV look eh. di ko rin type.

down ata site nila ngayon

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dapat nga wala ng classification as AUV, as the current tax systems knows none.

Manu****turers talaga

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    personally i'd add 300k n get the 4x2 fortuner. la laban adventure kahit mura, its outdated.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Several car dealers explained to me years ago why all AUVs do not have airbags and ABS, i just could not recall the exact explanation. But the essence i think is related to the tax classification. There is a tax difference between an AUV and an SUV - and a ruling states that an AUV cannot be an AUV with airbags and ABS. Meaning, you cannot classify a vehicle as an AUV for tax purposes if it has airbags and ABS. Not to mention that an AUV with airbags and ABS will jack-up its price tag almost as close as an SUV making it a marketing liability.

But then again, if your money can only make it as far as P900,000, you can get more bang-for-your-buck on this Adventure (as a family vehicle) than on a car. Sometimes your budget will really clamp down your choices to what is "acceptable" rather than what is "nice-to-have".

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my name is chieffy and i am neat, i like pretty girls and i love to eat~

if i were to buy another pang buong "barangay" ride...i'd go for the fortuner...problema pang adventure GLS Sport lang kasya budget ng pamilya namin...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
New Mitsubishi Limited Edition Adventure - check it out