New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    crosswind ka na lang..........

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm a crosswind owner, but if I have to choose between revo and adventure, i would go for the revo. as mentioned by previous posts, this has a better ride, and parts availability may not be hard to find anywhere else, reliable pa (daw) ang toyota. service from isabela to manila? hmm, i think revo will do better over adventure in climbing dalton pass at full seating capacity.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    good day to all. in my opinion it is better to get the revo over the adventure. for one, the adventure is using the same 4d56 engine of so long ago.Notice ko lang, these engines emit black smoke even though bago pa ung mga units.maybe its a problem with their injection system madaling mabago ung calibration with the amount of fuel being injected into the piston cylinder.Medyo mataas ang center of gravity ng adventure compared to the revo making it tipsy when negotiating curves.I have had experience with revos before and i can say that with proper maintenance they are very reliable and fuel efficient.hope may naitulong ako.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako rin crosswind owner... pero between revo and adventure...hands down revo ako. ride comfort, interior space and spare parts availability, revo na talaga. Mas japorms lang ang adventure pero mas pangpamilya ang revo. if you want an objective review of the 3 AUV's (revo, adventure and hilander), check out yung review page sa motorista.com.ph. Helped me a lot in choosing w/c AUV fit my needs.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    eyescube,

whew, ayan madami na nag-reply.. nasa iyo na ang final decision hehe...

based sa mga nag-post eh 2.5 ang diesel engine ng adventure...
    yung revo diesel eh sure ako na 2.4 ang engine nya, kung curious ka sa specs ng engine, go to www.toyota.com.ph and check the specs for 2L diesel engine..

kung Isabela to Manila and vice-versa at gagawin mong pang-pasada, buy a Diesel at huwag na Gas para matipid..

for comparison only, I have to spend 300php for Revo 2.4 Diesel (2000 model) for every 190Km travelled (novaliches to maragondon cavite). Kung alalay ang pedal eh mga 250php lang...

for my Dad's Liteace 1.5 gasoline (1990 model), I have to spend at least 550php ng gas, at kung panay hataw at overtake, abot ng 600php sa same distance na 190Km

then for Revo 2.0 Gasoline, at least 500php din sa 190Km.. halos same nga consumption nung Liteace compared sa Revo 2.0 gas siguro dahil mas modern ang engine...
    Yung pump price eh as of August 2003, around 15php for diesel and 21php for unleaded gasoline.

isa din sa best na tanungan eh mga taxi drivers mismo ng Adventure at Revo .. mas kinakawawa kasi nila yung sasakyan compared sa atin hehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    :D woow, 2 thumbs UP ako sa inyo, your inputs are horendous, very informative, Digest ko nga lahat ito... I LOVE Tsikot.COM... special thanks to the Admin. and to all Tsikot family.... hmmm, i will go for REVO GLX 2000-2001 Diesel 2.4L Manual Tranny.... definitely a big Wow! i do hope that this thread will also help out those pipol who seeks answers so definitely sila rin natulungan nyo in narrowing down their choices....

Guys!!! Wajed Shoukran (Thank U Very Much )

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hey eyescube!
    I read your email...mas ok dito mo na rin itanong yung questions mo about the AUV kase mas madami AUV peeps dito sa diesel forum and they certainly know the shops where to find the parts you're looking for

Good luck sa pagpili ng sasakyan!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by rsnald
    ako rin crosswind owner... pero between revo and adventure...hands down revo ako. ride comfort, interior space and spare parts availability, revo na talaga. Mas japorms lang ang adventure pero mas pangpamilya ang revo. if you want an objective review of the 3 AUV's (revo, adventure and hilander), check out yung review page sa motorista.com.ph. Helped me a lot in choosing w/c AUV fit my needs.
    PS:
    Sir Rsnald, I read all the Articles of All AUV's Test Drive in Motorista.com but sadly to say that the Test Drive was conducted on the earliest era (Vehicle Model Year 1997-1999) of AUV's (REVO/Crosswind/Adventure) though there are some points to consider as you go along....
    My Last question is that, year by year (Specifically Vehicle Model 2000-2002) All AUV's tend to change interior & exterior, now may i ask, does the Engine (specifically Diesel) stays the same on all AUV's in this 2000-2002 period ?is there any progress or modification made in order to improve its performance?
    To which of the 3 Diesels(Adventure Super Sport/Crosswind/REVO GLX Year Model 2000-2002) had an effort to improved its Diesel engine performance & Passenger comfort?

Hoping to hear again from you all

;)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by eyescube
    PS:
    To which of the 3 Diesels(Adventure Super Sport/Crosswind/REVO GLX Year Model 2000-2002) had an effort to improved its Diesel engine performance & Passenger comfort?

Hoping to hear again from you all

;)
    eyescube,

sa revo, from 1999 (pati ata 1998) to 2003 eh walang pinagbago specs ng 2.4 diesel (engine model is still "2L").. sure ako dito dahil obvious na maka-revo ako hehe
    kung meron binago toyota sa engine eh di na nila sinabi... i'm not sure kung binabago din nila mga suspension...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Guys,

Last question ko lang po.

Yung Diesel Engine ng Toyota Tamaraw FX are the same sa Engine ng Toyota Revo 2.4L Diesel?

i am going to buy a REVO Diesel Model 2000 next week and meron last feedback sa mga tropa sabihin ba naman pong kalampagin daw Toyota Diesel, kasi daw ang Tamaraw FX Diesel na mga lumabas eh ganun ang sakit, is it true?

Hoping for your reply guys....HELP...

Hoping for you reply guys...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Need ur input,i plan to buy 2ndhand Mits.Adventure Model Yr.2000,2.5L Diesel,m/t