New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I need help with my lancer's carburator. Here's the problem:

When I start the car in the mornings, the rpm rapidly decreases and it automatically shuts off the engine. But if it's in the afternoon and it is hot, the car functions normally.

Can anyone please tell me what I need to do in order to fix this? I do not want to go to a repair shop because every time I have my car fixed there, it breaks down a week later.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm, parang hindi naman sa carb yan...
    imho, take it to a more reputable shop. hwag mo ibalik dun sa pinagdadalahan mo.
    san ba location mo?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ndi carb ang problem ng car mo, may electricity fluctuation yan, coz you say na pag afternoon, ok ang "andar" ng lancer mo. have you tried changing your spark plugs/tune-up to be precise. hAve it brought to a reliable motor shop.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Perzdan View Post
    I need help with my lancer's carburator. Here's the problem:

When I start the car in the mornings, the rpm rapidly decreases and it automatically shuts off the engine. But if it's in the afternoon and it is hot, the car functions normally.

Can anyone please tell me what I need to do in order to fix this? I do not want to go to a repair shop because every time I have my car fixed there, it breaks down a week later.

Thanks.

Sorry Late reply . Anyway, Chief, hindi kaya start-up assist o idler assist ang problema mo? Nasa carb or part of the carb din kasi yon. Usually its function is more noticeable during morning start-up's, to which it increases the idling during morning start-up, then stabilizes when the engine reached its operating temp. Usually din, pag sira na ito at malamig pa ang makina, you need to step on the pedal para hindi mamatay yung makina.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ah okay. Salamat po sa tulong ninyo. Problem solved na po. Thank you again. ^ - ^

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Perzdan View Post
    Ah okay. Salamat po sa tulong ninyo. Problem solved na po. Thank you again. ^ - ^
    much better if you could update this thread, kung ano mga ginawa so other people with the same problem as yours would have an idea what was the problem and resolution.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I have the same problem din po. pag umaga napaka baba ng rpm nya kelangan i rev or tapakan ung gas para di mamatay. can i ask kung ano po ung ginawa nyo para maayos? thanks.

kakapalit din po pla ng spark plugs at kaka linis lng ng carburetor.

Need help with my lancer 2001 carburator