New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi to all. I just need your thoughts and advice on this matter.

I'm planning to buy a 2007 Mitsubishi Adventure GLX from a used cars display. Odometer reads 40,000, with roof rack/rail, original paint, cool a/c, with big rubber tray at the back and overall, looks very nice. Selling price is 650,000. Is this reasonable? They will also accept my Toyota Tamaraw FX Std 2C-T single A/C (unit needs wash-over) for 150,000 trade-in. So I will be paying 500,000 plus my FX. Is this a good Ideal and/or a good idea?

I have been used to driving only the FX (without power steering), it's not a problem for me, but now, my wife will be using the car more often, so I think it's time to "exchange-the-basket". I can't bare to see my wife developing muscles from the pawis steering. I am leaning toward a revo diesel (cheaper) but my wife likes the adventure or a crosswind (still expensive). Will be used for family of 3 kids and 4 adults and sometimes, hitch-hikers.

I did a test drive of the 2007 Adventure GLX and was impressed by the ride, very car-like, but annoying on bumpy roads or humps, I think it bounces too much, but maybe that's just me. I also noticed that the stickshift is a little hard to shift compared to our old FX which shifts very smoothly. Also, the clutch is a little hard to push, compared again to our FX. Last, I think the the clutch pedal is too close to the brake pedal. Are all these normal? All in all, I think it just needs a little time getting used to.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    an ad i saw just now. 770K for a brand new glx (cash price?). and your seller is asking 650k for a 4 year old unit with unknown reliability.. get the brand new unit if you can afford..
    btw, 150k trade in value for your tamaraw? to me, that simply means the true price of that adventure is considerably less. tawaran mo pa. and you might be ahead if you sell your tamaraw yourself for (100K?) and seller gives you a bigger discount for the adventure..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I guess I should ask for more discount. How much more discount should I ask? About how much should a 2007 adventure glx nowadays (fair price)? SRP on a brand new glx is 825k plus freight (I'm from Mindanao)

My second choice of an AUV would be a 2002 Toyota Revo diesel. They are selling it for 450k. Is this a bit pricey too?

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi, got the adventure. I got no discount. He says he made a high the appraisal for my FX at 150K that's why he didn't gime anymore discounts. Plus, it's already installed with several accesories. Fair enough for me. I and my bestfriend made separate test drives and found it very satisfactory. Engine bay is very organized and engine runs smooth. Interior is very fresh. It's already 4 years old, but, looks just a year old (IMO of course). I was mistaken, Odometer reads 36,000. My friend says it's an OK buy. I trust him because he works at a reputable insurance company as an adjuster. Thanks anyway Doctor D. God Bless.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    2007 glx foreclosed unit with around 49K mileage offer price by a bank at 430K and if no takers, will be repriced until sold. Though foreclosed units mean you have to buy it as is where is, plus you shoulder all transfers, renewals, insurance. But usually 50K is more than enough to have the unit interior/exterior detailing, fix up here and there, insurance, registration, etc.

I don't know if already sold, this price was offered this month of September. Fyi.

Need advise on buying Adventure GLX 2007