New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dc, when you changed to oversized rings did you have the cylinder bored?
    if yes maybe the rings are not of good quality.

if no, then the mechanic could have gotten some metal part on the gaps of the rings to make them fit in the liners. when it goes down to the part of the liner that is thinner the gaps in the rings will be bigger. And when it heats up expands making them weaker hence blow again ang makina mo.

what else did the mechanic do to determine that you needed oversized rings?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ARB,

There's no need for re-bore di pa naman sya shape baso eh. Another mechanics told me na baka ring nga ang low quality, imitation cguro sa ordinary auto supply ko lang kc binili. Dinispatsa ko na rin yung mekaniko ko, Buraa magtrabaho. may magaling me mekaniko kya lang malayo samin balik nlang ako sa kanya.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    just my diagnosis, why you mentioned that after 4 months parang blow by naman ulit.

since you did not rebore, the top part of the liner is still standard ang bore, below this part where the piston ring travels up to is not standard na ang bore. For a mechanic to make the oversized rings fit the standard bore part ng liner he has to file some part off the edge of the ring opening, pag dating sa part ng liner bore na hindi na standard the piston gap is not within specs na maybe over the required ring gap na, so hindi tatagal ang oil will seep and magiging blow by na. Or if he did not file the rings to fit pinilit nya papasuking ang rings with the piston and may chance that the rings must have broken. If sana pina check ang liner bore standard part compared to part na may kain na and if within a few thousands lang you could have used standard rings. But the mechanic has other reasons on using the oversize rings that I dont know. Hope this helped.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by v22 View Post
    today i noticed thin white smoke coming out of my tail pipe... so i checked the breather hose, there is also thin white smoke coming out... IS MY PAJERO BLOW-BY???? btw, its a 4D56 TDIC A/T Pajero..

TIA
    ano na nangyari sa Pajero mo napa compression test mo na ba? same case tayo starex sakin 4D56 tdi din. Any updates?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i never bothered to have it tested.. the oil level does'nt seem to get lower, kaya i ruled out the blow-by issue, but if it is.. i guess its still a long way before i should get bothered by it. :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i never bothered to have it tested.. the oil level does'nt seem to get lower, kaya i ruled out the blow-by issue, but if it is.. i guess its still a long way before i should get bothered by it. :D
    Same here. An expert told me that my ride will still last for 3 to 4 yrs before general overhaul be needed. proper oil maintenance lang daw change oil at 4000 km.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    same case for me, oil spilling from dipstick. malakas, i tell you. engine response is great. oil consumption is close to insignificant. after several months, i thought my oil level dropped already, hence, i bought 1 liter of Delo MG. To my amazement, i didnt bother to open the Delo MG. The level seemed the same. Had compression test the time i found out about the dipstick oil splurting, the difference between highest and lowest compression was still way within the allowable threshold plus the lowest compression was also above the minimum.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jacorb_88 View Post
    same case for me, oil spilling from dipstick. malakas, i tell you. engine response is great. oil consumption is close to insignificant. after several months, i thought my oil level dropped already, hence, i bought 1 liter of Delo MG. To my amazement, i didnt bother to open the Delo MG. The level seemed the same. Had compression test the time i found out about the dipstick oil splurting, the difference between highest and lowest compression was still way within the allowable threshold plus the lowest compression was also above the minimum.
    You meanna say your engine is still in good shape. So, how come there is a pressure building up in the crankcase? how is it happening? with such finding in your ride case of blow by is out.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Check your breather hose and EGR.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    oo nga, will have it tested...

btw, i went up to baguio again and there were no signs of oil consumption, and no white smoke when the engine is hot.... but oil still splatters when i take off the dipstick while the engine is running...

also engine is resonsive, no problems negtiating uhill climbs and cruising 140kph at nlex..

haay nakakalito!

sir, oil na lumalabas sa dip stick mo when the engine is running is not a basis of blow by.it is a fact that the dip stick of 4d56 is located just beside the oil pump.that is the reason why there is "talsik ng oil" sa dip stick.if your pajero does not consume oil there there is nothing to worry about.just check your oil always.SOP naman po yan before leaving the garage.you may bypass your intake para magkaroon ng breather ang engine then install oil catch tank to maintain the health oy your diesel engine.mechanics nowa days are just making some premises that will lead them to gain profit from wicked overhauls.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
is my pajero blow-by???