New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That happens when you rev too hard on a diesel. Yes it can be considered normal.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I'd also recommend Autotechnica. Log on to www.4x4ph.com and PM johnqpublic318. He can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by v22
    tnx for the tip.. know any shop that does compression testing near manila area?? als how much does it cost?

yes paj, i had my turbo cleaned recently.. and had that seal replaced, will also try to check out if the turbo is oily again..

i have logged 3T kms since my last change oil ad there were'nt any sign of loss of oil... however, last month i went up to baguio and before going down i checked again the oil dipstick, it read lower.. so i added almost half a liter of oil... since then. i've been checking if my rig still consumes, and it does'nt....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check if there's oil coming out of your dipstick. of course, check this while the engine is running.
    Last edited by afrasay; June 20th, 2005 at 10:03 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    afrasay;

i checked it yesterday while the engine is running and was already warmed up.. yes, oil seems to splash/talsik upwards.. is this a sign of blowby???

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teng,

base sa description mo, mukhang blow-by na nga yan. just to be sure, pa-compression test para walang guessing-guesing.

and if indeed it's blow-by, change engine ka na lang! 4m40 para sulit.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hey I would also like to know I just had my injection pump calibrated when I got the car there was black smoke when I accelerate . I changed the air filters and they checked the oil stick when the engine was running white smoke was coming out but no oil splurting. The technician said that the engine was blowby is this true. But there was no oil loss before they calibrated it. Or I just have to have an oil change and put additive baka mawala.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart
    teng,

base sa description mo, mukhang blow-by na nga yan. just to be sure, pa-compression test para walang guessing-guesing.

and if indeed it's blow-by, change engine ka na lang! 4m40 para sulit.
    oo nga, will have it tested...

btw, i went up to baguio again and there were no signs of oil consumption, and no white smoke when the engine is hot.... but oil still splatters when i take off the dipstick while the engine is running...

also engine is resonsive, no problems negtiating uhill climbs and cruising 140kph at nlex..

haay nakakalito!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    deym...nakakalito naman ang facts!!ahrharharhahr

hirap mag diagnose!parang niloloko tayo ng engine...herhehrer..well...those are signs.sa ngayon, cant conclude parin.wag na gumamit ng mga additives na yan..makakasama lang yan or at least, sayang lang epra niyo.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    oo nga e! parang minsan blow-by, minsan nde! hehehhe

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hi to everyone,

I've just registered this afternoon, and found this thread interesting.

I’m experiencing the same with my ’99 Starex 4D56 TD. The engine is running smoothly, no oil burning, no foul or heavy smoke and easy to start. However, I replaced the piston rings by size 0.25. The oil spilling out of the dipstick stops but after 4mos oils started to spill again. But still the engine is running smoothly same as before I made “dukot”. Any idea why pressure is building up in the crankcase other than loose rings.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
is my pajero blow-by???