New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hi,

let me begin by saying, i really hate the aircon setup of current toyotas. where you have to dismantle the whole dashboard just to get to the evaporator for its cleaning. read horror stories about its price and stuff that go wrong in assembling the dashboard back. (loose missing pins, electricals)

So, is the aircon of the Montero and Strada similiar to toyotas?

If so, what is the recommended service interval? How much po?
    Wag naman sana annual or 20,000kms lang, i feel its too soon.

Do Mitsu aircons come with cabin filters?

Assuming all you have to do is clean it regularly, within 1,000 pesos lang ba ang price difference maintaining a auto-climate vs. manual aircon?

How much ba aircon cleaning services sa casa?

Can anyone quote how much itong mga original mitsu montero/strada parts; evaporator, compressor, yun valve and drier?

Meron ba outside shop na genuine parts and services din for montero/strada aircon na ala denso.? Alam din nila gawin aircon possibly cheaper and better than casa.

Meron out of warranty montero/strada owner naba na regulary nag pa- cleaning service sa common aircon shop? kayang kaya ba nila?

Will probably be in the market for either one by middle of the year kaya trying to compute how much to maintain a Montero/strada. And i favor non-casa service after the warranty.

thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Check with Mit- Air Service Center near your area. It is indicated in the aircon manual included in the owner's manual.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    P8.5k daw sa Diamond Quezon Ave. recommended daw on your 20k pms

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i can't believe 1 year or 20,000kms, the aircon needs cleaning already? some stradsa club members, 4 to 5 years and over 80,000kms and still never cleaned their aircon and yet it is still cool and fine.how come ganun??

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    i can't believe 1 year or 20,000kms, the aircon needs cleaning already? some stradsa club members, 4 to 5 years and over 80,000kms and still never cleaned their aircon and yet it is still cool and fine.how come ganun??
    Up ko lang ito. Is the 2012 MS and Strada already has an air cabin filter? Just installed kasi kahapon on my 2011 MS, so far, so good...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tuazon7 View Post
    Up ko lang ito. Is the 2012 MS and Strada already has an air cabin filter? Just installed kasi kahapon on my 2011 MS, so far, so good...
    well last 2009 sir, only the 4x4 GLS SE has the cabin filter. the 4x2 GLS doesnt have one. pero pwede daw lagyan sabi ng SA. bibili ka ng filter box and the filter itself.
    i dont now sir if all variants now have cabin filters.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nelz View Post
    P8.5k daw sa Diamond Quezon Ave. recommended daw on your 20k pms
    aircon cleaning sa 20k pms? Almost brand new pa yan ah..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Good day sir tuazon7.how much po ang filter box and filter?and sa casa lang po ba available?madali lang po ba ma check sa 2011montero?thanks for your reply sir

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by babynos01 View Post
    well last 2009 sir, only the 4x4 GLS SE has the cabin filter. the 4x2 GLS doesnt have one. pero pwede daw lagyan sabi ng SA. bibili ka ng filter box and the filter itself.
    i dont now sir if all variants now have cabin filters.
    sir babynos01, wala din yun GLS SE. tried opening my friend's rig to look for it sana. Not sure but maski sa 2011 GTV, not available din...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by silver V View Post
    Good day sir tuazon7.how much po ang filter box and filter?and sa casa lang po ba available?madali lang po ba ma check sa 2011montero?thanks for your reply sir
    sir silver V, nasa mga 3.2k po sa casa. Need tap screw din but wala available. Yun MS OEM P/N cabin filter is the same as the one installed sa EVO. Got mine po sa friend ko. Better to have it than do the recommended 20k cleaning.

Just need to remove the glove box and yung 2x covers to access yun A/C blower. Just need a cutter to remove yun plastic covering. Slotted naman yun plastic kaya madali lang. The best sana if we can arrange a group buy para makamura...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Montero/Strada Aircon maintenance questions