Fast White,
This one really helps. I got my Monty 4x4 GLS SE last week. I need it i mining. My client just wnet into it. I was trying to learn how to use the 4x4. I learned. I did not realized how will it work. I know the four wheels will work in case i got stuck. thats all. NOW, you got me a new knowledge.
I notice in the manual that the Monty SE has a differential lock when you shift it to 4LLc (2H-4H-4HLc-4LLc). The fifth light in the middle of the Four wheels (on the dash) will turn on indicating that differential is lock.

Now it seems that in the differential lock (4LLc), all wheels will rotate at the same time. The other wheels will be draged.
With the 4HLc, the fifth light is not turned on, is the LSD on? With the 4H, the fifth light is not turned on, is the LSD turned on too? In both, i know the differential lock is not on.

You really made me realized this.

Quote from: Fast White Cat (FWC) on November 10, 2008, 03:27:25 pm
Very, very important, especially if you want to go trailing. LSD means Limited Slip Differential. If your wheels rotate together equally at the same time, the outer wheels would get dragged when you make a turn because the inner wheel travels a shorter distance while the other wheel travels a longer wheel. The differential is designed to accomodate different wheel rotation speeds when making turns. Unfortunately, this is a drawback when you go on trails because if one tire slips, or gets hung up, that tire will not just spin uselessly while the other tire stops spinning. Thus, you won't be able to move. With an LSD, there is just a limited amount of spin allowed before it transfers drive to the wheel that still has traction, thus enabling you to move. In some off road rigs, they even install differential lockers.

In this shot, for example, no way could my rig reach that high on the mound without LSD. Once the left rear wheel leaves the ground, it will just spin freely and the right rear wheel would stop turning and my front wheels alone won't be able to pull me up. But with LSD, the left rear wheel that left the ground stops spinning and power was transferred to the right rear wheel.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/dannypancho/Mt%20Banoy%20Climb/