New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    i was unfortunately parked in a dark, almost secluded place the other night. when i entered the vehicle, instead of going thru the normal routine like placing my key to the ignition and all, paranoia set in and i first locked the doors using the central lock near me. to my surprised, the alarm system activated itself. i can no longer start my car. i had to unlock my keyless remote from the inside which opened my doors. and i had to go thru the normal way to start it which takes 3-5 secs for the doors to automatically lock. i called up mit. casa and they told me its normal for my year model and has something to do with the engine immobilizer feature...

a) i would just like to know if this holds true for all 2010-2011
    montero sport models?
    b) is there anyway of going around this factory setting. the central door
    activating the immobilizer?

any input or help will be appreciated...

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    yes this is normal, you have to put the keys in the ignition and put it to ON position when locking the doors inside to let the system that its you (owner) in the car and not the bad guys. when all doors are closed the system will also autolock after a second the engine starts if you dont want to lock it manually..

you can disable the alarm and use only "valet mode",, in this type of mode you can still use your keyless entry but the alarm features are OFF

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It is just a matter of getting used to it bro.

My officemate pressed the button for a few seconds in a gasoline station and the alarm entered panic mode. She just got her new ride from the casa and was just filling in. She had to call Mitsu for the disable sequence. Just imagine the routine she has to go through to be able to start her new car....

12.7K:fart1:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's normal because the alarm is not an original factory item but an add on by Mitsubishi Philippines. The MS is originally assembled with only a keyless entry system.

Hence, you will notice that both the turn signals (original keyless) and parklamps (add on alarm system) activate when you command the vehicle via remote.

The add on system is triggered by the locking of the doors as it responds to the original keyless entry module. But, as you have done, you can also manually lock the doors via the cabin button.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    It's normal because the alarm is not an original factory item but an add on by Mitsubishi Philippines. The MS is originally assembled with only a keyless entry system.

Hence, you will notice that both the turn signals (original keyless) and parklamps (add on alarm system) activate when you command the vehicle via remote.

The add on system is triggered by the locking of the doors as it responds to the original keyless entry module. But, as you have done, you can also manually lock the doors via the cabin button.

i guess what i what to know is.... is there anyway of tweeking the alarm settings wherein i can use the central locking first and still be capable of starting the engine? ...

Montero sport: Keyless alarm concern