New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 346 of 393 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 3921
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Good day fellow tsikoteers! I have been a long time inactive member but a very avid reader of the forum. All of your inputs here have helped me finally decide on a car purchase. Took the plunge and got a Savannah White 2015 Montero Sport GLX-SE. I know the new model has come out already, but the price of this model was too hard to pass up. Have been very blessed, and I am quite happy with the performance of my unit. Got it just last Saturday, and barely has 200 kms on it.

Quite happy with the FC, got around 13.7 km/li from Calamba to Tagaytay and back.

Now looking for some modifications both for aesthetics and with regard to engine upkeep. Have already contacted sir Zix about an OCC installation and possible EGR blanking. Have been researching on the net about both and it seems that the OCC installation is quite essential especially for turbo boosted vehicles. Now, the with regard to EGR blanking, there seems to be 2 schools of thought:

1. It is essential since we would not re-introduce "dirty" air into the intake manifold;
    2. Leave the EGR because it helps reduce pump losses during low throttle openings.

My question is to those who have had their EGRs blanked, how has the performance been? Did your fuel consumption increase? I am now aware that NOx emissions will definitely increase.

Thanks and more power to all of us! God bless!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by engr.melvin View Post
    good day! mga kamonty, ask ko lang kung bakit madalas parang kulang ung powet ng monty ko. sa baguio last week 2 times akong nmatayan ng makina dahil paahon. upon releasing ng first gear, parang lunod sya at ayaw kumagat agad ng rev ko. saan kaya prob? thanks!
    Are you starting to move on an incline? Let it stay sa 1st gear for some time, I usually shift at 2k rpm. Wala naman akong nakitang issue.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Adv25 View Post
    Ask ko lng po kung anong FC nyo city driving?
    6.99 km/l glx manual. Rush hour round trip, pioneer to makati cbd.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    sa mga nagpakabit ng tv plus and the likes, saan po inilagay yung antenna? sumabit kasi yung antenna ko na nasa bubong sa parking ng rob gale. buti na lang, nahugot lang yung element

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by engr.melvin View Post
    good day! mga kamonty, ask ko lang kung bakit madalas parang kulang ung powet ng monty ko. sa baguio last week 2 times akong nmatayan ng makina dahil paahon. upon releasing ng first gear, parang lunod sya at ayaw kumagat agad ng rev ko. saan kaya prob? thanks!
    Never ko experience this sir during our trip to baguio via kennon road last January. Full load ako at yun RPM naglalaro between 2-3K rpm, gear is on 2nd,3rd and 4th. Always overtaking pa ako sa mga slow moving vehicles.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Magandang araw po!! Meron po ba kayo alam na dealership na willing mag accommodate ng cash transaction para sa naka promo ngayon na GLX manual? Every dealer na natawagan ko, priority nila yung kukuha via in-house financing.

Maraming salamat!!!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    pwede but for what purpose? if you are after the response and wider powerband then i think mas cheaper na if you go direct for remapping with your non-vgt turbo. they can tune it to increase the response and you got more power output than the stock vgt. i own a vgt and may turbo lag pa rin kaya i installed a throttle controller...
    thank you for clarifying that. yes i was aiming for a wider power band. but if it's better to have my ECU remapped i think ill go that route.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Salamat po sa sagot, skin is 6.2km/l, city driving. Para kasing lumakas konsumo after 1k pms.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty GLXManual View Post
    Magandang araw po!! Meron po ba kayo alam na dealership na willing mag accommodate ng cash transaction para sa naka promo ngayon na GLX manual? Every dealer na natawagan ko, priority nila yung kukuha via in-house financing.

Maraming salamat!!!
    Sir if di ka pa nakakuha i refer kita sa kinuhanan ko na agent last jan. Lang ako nag apply then mabilis nila naasikaso inaaccomodate nila khit cash or in house.. Pm mo ako if u want ...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Just had my EGR valve blanked, OCC installed and K&N filter dropped in by sir Zix! As a bonus, also had my optitron done! Galing ni sir Zix! Came from Laguna and sulit ang maagang gising pagluwas ng Manila. Wala pa ako 40mins sa shop niya. Salamat sa mga tips din sir Zix! Until next time mods! Hehehe

Montero Sport GLX 2.5 Non-VGT Owners