New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 127 of 393 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3921
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    k&n air filter? no. OCC? yes, you have to remove it before going to casa. blanked EGR? yes, but casa will not know it as long as you do not tell them

ang alam ko sir 50-50 ratio. common na ginagamit yung wiper washer. no idea sir sa mode of injection anong rpm. you may want to inquire with speedlab, siya installer ng devil's own wai ni sir dvldoc. may thread about diyan paki-search na lang...
    Mga Sir, nung 1000PMS ng monty ko eh sinabi ko yung mga mods like EGR blanking, and obviously nakita nila yung OCC, kaya ngtanong agad cla kng ano un, then I explained the benefits at humanga cla sa naiisip daw na mods ng mga pinoy ngayon,then regarding sa warranty - if they found out na yun ang reason kung bakit nasira ang makina then saka pa mavo-void ang warranty.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gboy0319 View Post
    Mga Sir, nung 1000PMS ng monty ko eh sinabi ko yung mga mods like EGR blanking, and obviously nakita nila yung OCC, kaya ngtanong agad cla kng ano un, then I explained the benefits at humanga cla sa naiisip daw na mods ng mga pinoy ngayon,then regarding sa warranty - if they found out na yun ang reason kung bakit nasira ang makina then saka pa mavo-void ang warranty.
    casa will always find a way to associate any damages arise sa engine sa mga modifications kapag under warranty ka pa. so if you want to keep your warranty, better not show them na lang kasi di nila alam mga occ, blanking, diesel chips etc. yung k&n tanggap nila yan kasi external filter lang. ibang casa will not even allow you to bring your oil and oil filter. now if sabihin nila na saka lang void yung warranty kung masira due sa mods, parang ganun na din yun kasi once magkaproblema, yung modification agad ang sasabihin na reason.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    k&n air filter? no. OCC? yes, you have to remove it before going to casa. blanked EGR? yes, but casa will not know it as long as you do not tell them

ang alam ko sir 50-50 ratio. common na ginagamit yung wiper washer. no idea sir sa mode of injection anong rpm. you may want to inquire with speedlab, siya installer ng devil's own wai ni sir dvldoc. may thread about diyan paki-search na lang...
    Thanks Monty_GTV!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Thanks po sa advise Sir Monty_ GTV.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    casa will always find a way to associate any damages arise sa engine sa mga modifications kapag under warranty ka pa. so if you want to keep your warranty, better not show them na lang kasi di nila alam mga occ, blanking, diesel chips etc. yung k&n tanggap nila yan kasi external filter lang. ibang casa will not even allow you to bring your oil and oil filter. now if sabihin nila na saka lang void yung warranty kung masira due sa mods, parang ganun na din yun kasi once magkaproblema, yung modification agad ang sasabihin na reason.
    Even sir yung horns and rear cameras ma-void din daw yung sa electrical. Minsan OA na din yun casa. Hindi ko malaman kung insecure lang sila sa atin dahil sa mga mods pero to think naman yung mga mods namin natin for the better good and less problems para sa kanila.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    if I can turn back time and I have a new Montero, the mods I will do in order would be,

stage 1:
    1. install K&N - easier for engine to suck air
    2. install OCC - prevents build up of oil in turbo compressor, intercooler and intake manifold
    3. blanked the EGR - prevents build up of carbon deposit in EGR and intake manifold
    4. use good brand fully synthetic oil and Baldwin oil filter from 1K PMS onwards

- the 3 mods above are both beneficial and protects the engine

- enjoy driving for a while, feel your rig as STOCK as possible, learn for its strengths and weaknesses, read about the pros and cons of each mods. you will use it as your comparison or baseline later on.

- after some time, you should be feeling the itch for more mods. not happy with the slow response? turbo lag? can't see your panel at daytime? you might have read the forum and you learn about them

stage 2:
    5. install a throttle controller - for quick response once you hit the gas pedal, no added power though.
    6. activate optitron - you will be happy seeing your panel as soon as you turn the ignition switch
    7. install a tuning chip - racechip, spider, unichip will do. it will improve power, torque and fuel economy

- enjoy driving again for some time. feel the quick response, the added power. still not happy?

stage 3:
    8. install a bigger intercooler - for cooler intake air, better combustion
    9. upgrade to 2.5" or 3" exhaust - for cooler EGT's, easier exit of the exhaust gas

again, have fun driving. feel the good response, feel the roar of your bigger muffler and exhaust. still not happy?

stage 4.
    10. remaping the ecu - have your engine ecu tuned and maximize the output power. how about a 200hp or more?

those are only my opinions, you can do your mods as you wish. the important thing is to read and learn about every single mod. learn why you need to install an oil catch can, why you need to blank the EGR, why you need a bigger intercooler. after all, there are just as many mods you can do to your Montero, and that the only constraint is your time and how deep is your pocket...;)

nice bossing, in my case i went OCC,WAI and dino oil first 10K kms, then synthetic for another 40K kms. Currently back on dino (delo400) for the past 30K kms ;) mukang babalik ako synthetic dahil ramdam ko better FC ko sa synthetic ( ave 0.8-1 km/L better ang syn using Mobil delvac 1 and offset halos ng better FC ang price difference)

IMHO matutuwa kayo sa WAI, planning before to get a chip with the WAI (DP chip) pero happy n ko sa power bump nya, the WAI probably also helped in maintaining my EGR happy since everytime ko sya pinapalinis sobra ang isang carb cleaner can (they usually prepare 2 cans on other montys) planning to extend it every 30K kms siguro. Regarding kay K&N I guess i dont want to sacrifice my air filtration for performance but thats just me ;)

Want to add probably the opitron, automatic headlight/wiper, and final mod na siguro ecu mapping ( since the power increase is really a bang for my moolah)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ouch!! on the bright side, walang nasaktan at nasulit naman yun binayad sa insurance..
    nag worry din ako sa lundag ng chip + throttle controller, kaya nag upgrade na ko ng slotted and ported rotor disc, mura lang naman, claims to improve as much as 30 to 40 percent stopping power compared to stock, kaya lang sa tingin ko mabilis maupod brake pads , pero ok lang safety first...

Quote Originally Posted by prince777 View Post
    Yes sir, tired and enjoying the blanked egr plus race chip, napasarap kaya napasobra sa bilis...

Replaced new IC, Radiator, Condenser Fan, grilles(to HC), hood and front bumper, all from insurance *3k participation. At least nobody was hurt. Thank God.

Sent from my Nokia5110i-VgT using Tsikot Forums

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    paki-dagdag sa early mod yung cabin a/c filter. one essential mod para malinis din yung hangin na nilalanghap mo sa loob ng sasakyan

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by prince777 View Post
    Yes sir, tired and enjoying the blanked egr plus race chip, napasarap kaya napasobra sa bilis...

Replaced new IC, Radiator, Condenser Fan, grilles(to HC), hood and front bumper, all from insurance *3k participation. At least nobody was hurt. Thank God.

Sent from my Nokia5110i-VgT using Tsikot Forums
    Sorry to hear that Sir. I hope all is Ok na with you and your monty.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Mga sir, ask ko lng po kung malakas talga sa konsumo ng diesel ang ms glx a/t? My manual computation is 7.27 km/L😟. Mix po city and highway. My Monty glx a/t 2014 odo reading now is 730 km palang. Titipid pa kaya ito? Tnx po.

Ito po pala ang mods na pinalagay ko: egr blanking, knn air filter and cabin filter. Uni oil user din po ako and alalay lagi sa gas pedal.

Montero Sport GLX 2.5 Non-VGT Owners