New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 125 of 393 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 3921
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nav View Post
    Goodmorning sir ask ko lng magkano po inabot nyo sa blanking plate... Tnx
    Good Morning! Newbie here...just got my Monty GLX M/T a month ago and still familiarizing myself to the unit..
    Just wanna ask ano po yung blanking plate and what is that for?
    Also may napansin ako sa Monty ko na pag nakafan lang ako (aircon off), maasim ang amoy ng binubugang hangin pero pag binuhay ko na ang aircon, nawawala na yung maasim na amoy...is that normal o may problem ang Monty ko?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by m101 View Post
    Good Morning! Newbie here...just got my Monty GLX M/T a month ago and still familiarizing myself to the unit..
    Just wanna ask ano po yung blanking plate and what is that for?
    Also may napansin ako sa Monty ko na pag nakafan lang ako (aircon off), maasim ang amoy ng binubugang hangin pero pag binuhay ko na ang aircon, nawawala na yung maasim na amoy...is that normal o may problem ang Monty ko?

Thanks.
    pm sent sir, pa-check na lang, thanks

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by zix888 View Post
    pm sent sir, pa-check na lang, thanks
    got it Sir zix888 and replied also. thanks

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Tnx zix888 for the mods: egr blanking, knn filter, cabin filter and optriton. Your pro and madaling kausap. Next in line po ang occ. cguro after my 5000 km pms.

Nice meeting din po sir.

Done this mods at 513km odo reading.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    if I can turn back time and I have a new Montero, the mods I will do in order would be,

stage 1:
    1. install K&N - easier for engine to suck air
    2. install OCC - prevents build up of oil in turbo compressor, intercooler and intake manifold
    3. blanked the EGR - prevents build up of carbon deposit in EGR and intake manifold
    4. use good brand fully synthetic oil and Baldwin oil filter from 1K PMS onwards

- the 3 mods above are both beneficial and protects the engine

- enjoy driving for a while, feel your rig as STOCK as possible, learn for its strengths and weaknesses, read about the pros and cons of each mods. you will use it as your comparison or baseline later on.

- after some time, you should be feeling the itch for more mods. not happy with the slow response? turbo lag? can't see your panel at daytime? you might have read the forum and you learn about them

stage 2:
    5. install a throttle controller - for quick response once you hit the gas pedal, no added power though.
    6. activate optitron - you will be happy seeing your panel as soon as you turn the ignition switch
    7. install a tuning chip - racechip, spider, unichip will do. it will improve power, torque and fuel economy

- enjoy driving again for some time. feel the quick response, the added power. still not happy?

stage 3:
    8. install a bigger intercooler - for cooler intake air, better combustion
    9. upgrade to 2.5" or 3" exhaust - for cooler EGT's, easier exit of the exhaust gas

again, have fun driving. feel the good response, feel the roar of your bigger muffler and exhaust. still not happy?

stage 4.
    10. remaping the ecu - have your engine ecu tuned and maximize the output power. how about a 200hp or more?

those are only my opinions, you can do your mods as you wish. the important thing is to read and learn about every single mod. learn why you need to install an oil catch can, why you need to blank the EGR, why you need a bigger intercooler. after all, there are just as many mods you can do to your Montero, and that the only constraint is your time and how deep is your pocket...;)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    if I can turn back time and I have a new Montero, the mods I will do in order would be,

stage 1:
    2. install OCC - prevents build up of oil in turbo compressor, intercooler and intake manifold
    3. blanked the EGR - prevents build up of carbon deposit in EGR and intake manifold
    4. use good brand fully synthetic oil and Baldwin oil filter from 1K PMS onwards

- enjoy driving for a while, feel your rig as STOCK as possible, learn for its strengths and weaknesses, read about the pros and cons of each mods. you will use it as your comparison or baseline later on.

- after some time, you should be feeling the itch for more mods. not happy with the slow response? turbo lag? can't see your panel at daytime? you might have read the forum and you learn about them

stage 2:
    5. install a throttle controller - for quick response once you hit the gas pedal, no added power though.
    6. activate optitron - you will be happy seeing your panel as soon as you turn the ignition switch
    7. install a tuning chip - racechip, spider, unichip will do. it will improve power, torque and fuel economy

- enjoy driving again for some time. feel the quick response, the added power. still not happy?

stage 3:
    9. upgrade to 2.5" or 3" exhaust - for cooler EGT's, easier exit of the exhaust gas

again, have fun driving. feel the good response, feel the roar of your bigger muffler and exhaust. still not happy?

stage 4.
    10. remaping the ecu - have your engine ecu tuned and maximize the output power. how about a 200hp or more?

those are only my opinions, you can do your mods as you wish. the important thing is to read and learn about every single mod. learn why you need to install an oil catch can, why you need to blank the EGR, why you need a bigger intercooler. after all, there are just as many mods you can do to your Montero, and that the only constraint is your time and how deep is your pocket...;)
    Sir in addtion to egr blanking is to minimize carbon build up on piston ring grooves and on turbocharger turbine blades and muffler clogging. Also fast deterioration of engine oil.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post

stage 1:

stage 2:

stage 3:

stage 4.

ang galing haha saktong sakto nasa number 6 palang ako nyan, pero add ko narin yun new mags and tires para confident sa wet road and maganda rin porma :D

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mangkas1178 View Post
    Sir in addtion to egr blanking is to minimize carbon build up on piston ring grooves and on turbocharger turbine blades and muffler clogging. Also fast deterioration of engine oil.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    I agree that blanking the EGR may minimize carbon build up inside the combustion cylinder and piston grooves. remember that EGR function is to divert a small portion of the exhaust gas to dilute your A/F to lower the combustion temp thus, eliminating the production of NOx harmful to the environment. but blanking the EGR got nothing to do with turbocharger blades and muffler. prior to the turbo, it's the full stream of exhaust gas that pass through the impeller of the turbine and goes out all the way out to your downpipe, muffler to tailpipes. the only way to prevent and easily get rid of the carbon soot in your exhaust line is to have a bigger exhaust. I also doubt if EGR blanking have a connection to minimize the fast deterioration of engine oil.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RF02 View Post
    ang galing haha saktong sakto nasa number 6 palang ako nyan, pero add ko narin yun new mags and tires para confident sa wet road and maganda rin porma :D
    all those mods are mostly for performance mods. you can do your bling-bling, burloloy and porma mods in parallel naman. ako hinintay ko mapudpod muna goma bago ako nagpalit ng gulong.

importante rin ang brakes upgrade especially kung powerful na ang makina. you need a better stopping power to match your increased power output.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Reason you need brake upgrade once you have the power upgrade

Sent from my Nokia5110i-VgT using Tsikot Forums

Montero Sport GLX 2.5 Non-VGT Owners