New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 55 of 393 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by joey_ed27 View Post
    Hi to everyone,

Im seriously considering a 2014 GLX AT. Im going to test drive it tom. If all goes as planned I'll seal the deal this month.

I actually started to read all the post from page 1 but simply had to stop upon reaching page 22 of this thread. Information overload

I figured I dont need the added power of a GLS model since I seldom go out of town (which could change with this vehicle).. However I do want some of the features like the rear sensors and gps. With that in mind could someone give me an estimate of how much the ff will cost if I get it straight from the dealer. I dont want to void any kind of warranty:

1. back up sensor
    2. back up camera
    3. gps

Likewise

4. What tint can you recommend. I need something dark for security reasons but still very much visible from the inside I have poor eyesight without my glasses.

Lastly are I read some post about the ff. could someone answer this for me:

5. Does the driver seat have poor lumbar support - I have a really bad back.
    6. I noticed some relatively new Montero's emitting black smoke.
    7. Is the sudden acceleration thing a real concern ?

Thanks in advance.

1 & 2, agree for Sir dct, pwede nyo po i-ask ang sales agent nyo kung pwede ito makuha as a freebie, kung hindi man, meron discount to install..
    3. if ever na makasama sa 1&2 package and include ang SD card with a reasonable price, pwede...if not...pwede po kumuha outside....
    4. ask nyo po yung sales agent to choose the tint, papakita naman po yung film sample ng tint sa inyo once na nakapag DP na po and reserved a unit....sa amin po, i choose the 2nd to the darkest..(forgot the code pero 3M tint)
    5. seats are very comfortable....(during casa visit and same din po sa strada na na-drive ko dati [non-vgt])
    6. Hard reality, madumi po talaga ang Diesel dito sa pinas, pero EGR blanking is considered, kung occasional usage lang, pwede din hindi.
    7. I never believe in sudden acceleration, driver's responsibility lalo po kung automatic...
    keen observation ko lang po, hindi ko po nilalahat ng matic driver, but some po sa mga gumagamit ng matic, during stop, napansin ko lang, hindi pinapasok sa N-eutral position, and uses only the hand-brake....to temporarily stop the vehicle.
    and one of the reason kung bakit nangyayari ang sudden acceleration was the transmission left in D, and once the umusad ang sasakyan then sabayan ng rattle from the driver, instead na preno ang matapakan, accelerator ang natatapakan, and isa rin sa reason yung paglagay ng matting...sometimes sumasabit ang matting sa gas pedal and kailangan bago mag-drive, always check the matting.

for 300% assurance na walang sudden acceleration....kunin nyo po ang MT, dahil no reasons at all kung bakit mag-accelerate pa ang sasakyan....and kayo po mismo ang control and to avoid blame games..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie Anson Ng View Post
    Yun po ba yung problem? Hehe

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    magkano po yung sd card nyo? do you install it bec. yung sa akin wala? it's under warranty pa.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Pang mabigatan yung ecu remapping guys. W/o other mods bonestock papalo ng 220 hp si monty. Too much sakin, hindi ko naman kelangan ng ganung kalakas na gain para pang overtake lang. Sakin satisfied nako sa tuning chip ko as of now, My future mods are fmic upgrade and rai may dagdag angas din pag binuksan yung hood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ueb339 View Post
    magkano po yung sd card nyo? do you install it bec. yung sa akin wala? it's under warranty pa.
    Sir di naman po affected ng warranty yung SD card, sent you a PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    * dct & playplug...

Thanks for answer & suggestion guys.

I just came from the dealer sadly wala yun test drive unit nila. Nonetheless it was a very helpful visit as I was able to get an accurate price of the eventual accessories I want installed upon release.

Undecided pa ako sa color although as advised by the SA the new color variant is "virgil gray"... Unfortunately again walang unit at Caloocan branch with that color kaya medyo dissappointed was initially thinking of white or cool silver.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengbeng View Post
    Pang mabigatan yung ecu remapping guys. W/o other mods bonestock papalo ng 220 hp si monty. Too much sakin, hindi ko naman kelangan ng ganung kalakas na gain para pang overtake lang. Sakin satisfied nako sa tuning chip ko as of now, My future mods are fmic upgrade and rai may dagdag angas din pag binuksan yung hood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    * sir beng, our purpose of having performance mod is the additional gain in power output di ba? so as much as possible we need to get more hp with our peso investment. although i have not done remapping yet, but i think a lot cheaper siya and you get more peso/power return. compared sa more expensive na chip(~25k)+fmic(20k)+rai (?k) installations and you get less power output. yun nga lang as you said may "dagdag angas" when one look under your hood and they see some colorful aftermarket parts. but remapping again will keep everything in stock, a stock looking car but so powerful. sleeper look yata tawag ng mga nagmo-mods sa mga ganyan ;) and yet kapag all stock, i think mas madali rin ibenta.

don't get me wrong sir beng, i just stated some pros and cons. we're on the same route actually. meron na akong existing chip and on the way na din from US yung fmic ko hahaha! i'm thinking now to sell them and have a remapping instead. i want my ride to look as stock as possible kasi eh hahaha!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Does the GLX have TV Tuner? If none magkano yan palagyan sa casa? May addtional antenna ba kailangan? Wifey doesnt care much about GPS (Although sir Louie PM'd you), but she does want to watch her favorite kapamilya shows

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Question lang po sir. Nagpapatest drive na po ba ang mitsu para sa montero?

Quote Originally Posted by joey_ed27 View Post
    * dct & playplug...

Thanks for answer & suggestion guys.

I just came from the dealer sadly wala yun test drive unit nila. Nonetheless it was a very helpful visit as I was able to get an accurate price of the eventual accessories I want installed upon release.

Undecided pa ako sa color although as advised by the SA the new color variant is "virgil gray"... Unfortunately again walang unit at Caloocan branch with that color kaya medyo dissappointed was initially thinking of white or cool silver.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010

Just sharing to you guys the cargo net from Sir iceman777.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hi all. My Monty is no longer under warranty and I am looking for suggestions on the following:

1) Most practical oil to use and where to buy.
    2) Still worth it to get a turbo timer installed? If so which brand? My Monty has a mileage of 18k.
    3) Also looking on changing the stock car alarm. Is it advisable?

Thanks again and looking forward to getting everyone's input ��

Montero Sport GLX 2.5 Non-VGT Owners