New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    The one reason kaya konti ang Lancer EX kasi Cash price lang ang discount. Eh most of Filipinos opt to have their car financed. Masyado kasi masakit sa bulsa pag binayaran ng buo ang kotse.
    Bank financed and paid through cash are almost the same. Financed by the bank yung balance mo, then ang bank ang magbabayad sa dealer. In fact mas gusto ng mga dealers ang in-house financing, dahil maraming hidden charges dito. Akala mo marami ka nadiscount, pero in reality, mas namahalan ka. Advantage lang nito, fast approval compared sa bank financing. Yun kasing in-house, bank financed din yun then me patong pa dealer.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    actually this marketing strategy made me think. i was supposed to buy the new jazz which costs 842k++ then i saw the lancer ex gls now costs almost the same. so medyo nagdalawang isip ako. anyway, since nagreply na ko, can i ask the advice of the experts kung ano ang mas ok bilhin? factor din kasi na 2010 models yun lancer ex na "discounted" compared to the 2011 jazz. the car will not be for daily use. gagamitin ko lang pag umuuwi ako ng bulacan pag weekends. thanks in advance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by amay indahaus View Post
    actually this marketing strategy made me think. i was supposed to buy the new jazz which costs 842k++ then i saw the lancer ex gls now costs almost the same. so medyo nagdalawang isip ako. anyway, since nagreply na ko, can i ask the advice of the experts kung ano ang mas ok bilhin? factor din kasi na 2010 models yun lancer ex na "discounted" compared to the 2011 jazz. the car will not be for daily use. gagamitin ko lang pag umuuwi ako ng bulacan pag weekends. thanks in advance.

Jazz vs Lancer EX.

For the price difference of P50,000 you get a much better & more comfortable car. Highway driving, the Lancer EX can achieve and exceed 10km/L fuel mileage.

Only problem with the EX GLS is the fake wood trimed dashboard. Ugly but it can be "fixed" by either having it painted or having it stickered to color you prefer (usually grey or black).

If you have some extra money, I suggest the Lancer EX GLS as the better choice.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmac View Post
    I beg to differ and the discount is also available for the financing. I purchased from Mitsubishi last month and got financing through the bank and the discount can either be deducted from the downpayment. Lets say the car retails for 1M and the discount is 100K and you want to make a downpayment of 50%. Amount financed will be the same at 500K and you pay the dealer 400K net. Another way to apply the discunt is subtracting it from the overall price. Same example the car that retails for 1M and when the discount is applied the net selling price becomes 900K so if you want to make a dp of 50% the dp is reduced from 500K to 450k
    Is this true to all Mitsu dealers across the Metro or only at the Valle Verde dealership?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Pricing discount is offered by all mitsu dealers.

Ingat lang dahil inhouse financing usually applies it to cash outlay (instead of the SRP).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tackielarla View Post
    Is this true to all Mitsu dealers across the Metro or only at the Valle Verde dealership?
    It should be true in all the Mitsu dealers in Metro Manila BUT the sales people might not right away tell you the discounts until later unless you ask directly or check the pricelist.

In Diamond Motors Valle Verde, the pricelist is available for anyone to pickup from a display holding brochures for their cars, suvs, etc.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tackielarla View Post
    Should be standard across all Mitsu dealers. I got mine through Diamond EDSA-Greenhills. As mentioned earlier, they can apply the cash discount wither through the MSRP or the DP..

I got my financing not in-house, but through my bank and it was the bank and the dealer that settled the balance while I paid the DP through the dealer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Mitsubishi's Pricing & Marketing for the Lancer EX