New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    palagay ko same part# ang fuel pump gamit nang BRV at Xpander.. Denso pareho na cheap.. ang nangyayari sir.. bigla na lang di mag start.. may redondo so hindi battery problema.. tapos pag pinahinga mo nang 1 hour or more.. mag start na ulit..

Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ano pala iyong symptoms nung fuel pump issues daw ng xpander (pero solved na daw siya) ?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ano pala iyong symptoms nung fuel pump issues daw ng xpander (pero solved na daw siya) ?
    from what i understand,
    it's fuel starvation symptoms.
    the engine coughs and dies.

i think they found that the fuel pump was the culprit. the same manufacturer that supplied some hondas ...
    a part expanded with use and heat, resulting in its in-ability to rotate.
    once cooled, the pump would work again.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Far as I know the Xpander fuel pump recall is because of Denso. Laking issue yan affecting multiple brands including Toyota, Honda, Ford, and Subaru in addition to Mitsubishi.

More here: What You Need To Know About the Denso Fuel Pump Recall - Car Talk

If you own a 2013-2020 model year Toyota, Honda, Ford, Subaru, or Mitsubishi, your vehicle may be subject to an important recall. The defective part is the fuel pump of your car, and it can cause the vehicle to stop or stall when operating. It may not restart. Owners of vehicles with the defective pump have reported this happening. It’s not a theoretical or possible failure, but one that is currently happening to owners like you.

The first company to report the defect was Denso, who contacted the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Denso’s engineers found that the impeller of the fuel pump had been improperly exposed to drying solvents when it was made. The impeller is like a propeller, but it is inside a pump, rather than outside like a propeller on a boat. The impeller sits inside the pump housing, and there are tight tolerances that help the pump build the needed pressure. The affected impellers were swelling and possibly also distorting. This caused the impellers to contact the housing and become damaged. The result is a pump that doesn’t function and a car that is starved of fuel.
    Toyota Philippines Recall: https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...nza-units.html
    Vehicles affected: Alphard, Corolla Altis, FJ Cruiser, pre-facelift versions of the Fortuner and Innova, Land Cruiser Prado, Avanza

Honda Philippines Recall: Honda Cars Philippines › Recall Details
    Vehicles affected: 2018-2019 Accord, BR-V, Mobilio, City, Civic, Jazz, HR-V and CR-V

Subaru Recall: Subaru recalls 165, vehicles for a potentially defective fuel pump
    Affected Vehicles: Ascent, Forester, Impreza, Legacy, Outback, BRZ, WRX & Levorg, Toyota 86
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; September 21st, 2022 at 10:38 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I recently joined Xpander fb group just to check if how's the vehicle overall and more importantly to see if there is issues from first hand owner. I have read at least 2 instances of engine cylinder misfire and the vehicle is just barely new less than 3yrs old.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    So far iyong 2018 namin okay pa takbo at suspension 35k kms. Medyo mahina lang AC at nag deform kaunti right bumper sa may fender natuklap. Ayos pa din space, clearance, at comfort.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I recently joined Xpander fb group just to check if how's the vehicle overall and more importantly to see if there is issues from first hand owner. I have read at least 2 instances of engine cylinder misfire and the vehicle is just barely new less than 3yrs old.
    May umabot din ng 35km at tumunog na ang alternator bearing.
    Good thing inabotan pa ng warranty kaya ni replace ng bago buong alternator.
    But if i repair to, alternator bearing lang need replacement at approx Php2.5k damage.
    Never heard naman sa FB group engine misfire.
    But maybe malaki na din cgro mileage ng mga yun.

Nung nag test drive ako last 2019, medyo nahinaan ako sa AC nya when driven at 1-2pm. Test drove both montero at xpander at that time, kaya na feel ko talaga difference ng AC performance for both units, mas malamig AC ng montero.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    But if i repair to, alternator bearing lang need replacement at approx Php2.5k damage.

Nung nag test drive ako last 2019, medyo nahinaan ako sa AC nya when driven at 1-2pm. Test drove both montero at xpander at that time, kaya na feel ko talaga difference ng AC performance for both units, mas malamig AC ng montero.
    Also pahabol na comment for Xpander, madaling kalawangin exhaust pipe.
    Most new owners, 6 months pa lang kinakalawang na daw.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Also pahabol na comment for Xpander, madaling kalawangin exhaust pipe.
    Most new owners, 6 months pa lang kinakalawang na daw.
    ... black iron!
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019

I recently joined Xpander group and saw at least 2 new post regarding engine cylinder misfired hope that this is only an isolated case. Maybe the evaporator coil on Montero is much bigger than Xpander? Anyway, im now leaning towards the Montero.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021