New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Consumer Reports is a magazine in the states. They review everything from appliances to cars.

Theyre known for making suvs turn turtle and audis accellerate without reason.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Consumer Reports suck. They treat cars as appliances. They should just test oven toasters or something.

Kawawa Samurai at Trooper. Naniwala ang public na dangerous sila.
    Yup.... kaya hindi bumenta ang Samurai sa US and was consequently pulled out of the Suzuki lineup. Sayang..... ganon din ang Trooper kaya wala na rin sya sa lineup ngayon ng Isuzu dito sa US (nauna ang SLX of Acura sa pag-pull out). Yung Montero, medyo masama na rin ang benta (not as if top seller sya before the infamous rollover controversy). Mitsubishi is now introducing new SUV products (Endeavor and Outlander) to cover up for the sagging sales of the Montero (and the US is the #1 SUV market that is why they need to re-establish themselves in this category).

The article is a fact. Lahat naman ng car manufacturer may mga baho. Madaming nagtatago o hindi naga-anounce ng mga product defects nila (since magastos and we're talking about millions of dollars to place a corrective measure in place) at nagkataon lang na Mitsubishi ang nahuli. Toyota and Honda is also guilty of this..... yun nga lang hindi kasing talamak ang mga defects nila kaya hindi sila kasing init ng Mitsu.

As a consumer, we have to be aware of such defects. CR helps a lot in this aspect. Mga manufacturers thinks highly of CR and other product critic organizations kaya they make it a point to correct things that CR found to be defective (in Mitsu's case they filed a law suit - waste of time, effort and money if you ask me). You have to understand the consumers in the US..... and US consumers does a lot of research and CR is one of their info source. We might think that CR is crap but majority believes in them. Iba kasi kapag neutral at objective yung kumikilatis ng product. Come to think of it, aside from CR and JD Power, US Consumer Product Safety Commission and Associates, ano pa ba ang gumagawa ng mga reliable product researches?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I still cant see why Car&Driver or Road&Track or any other car magazine specializing in pushing any car to its reported G limits reported this phenomena. Im not saying that the Montero is as stable as an S2000, but a Gen3?

I still think mitsu usa should advertise in CR more. And maybe, pana-panahon lang yan. Besides, I read somewhere that Mitsu already had a third party evaluate the Montero and found CR's allegations baseless.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    It's not an admission but the addition of a stabilizer system sounds like one. Yung findings nila sa gen3 is a concern as it seems that the independent suspension they have on it is too soft and gives a heavier than normal body roll. Yun lang ang issue ng gen3. Other than that, CR is hats off with the car's interior and braking. Mahina lang daw mag pull ng loaded trailer than other units but that's not such a big issue than the rollover. But again, the damage's been done in the U.S. market.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    re: recall: 86% american cars, 11% jap cars and 3% european. Tama ba to?
    Last edited by ultimate; May 3rd, 2005 at 02:37 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but if you were a mitsubishi owner, wouldn't you want to know whether your car had a safety defect, no matter how small? and wouldn't it be important to know that there was someone out there pushing car manufacturers (not just mitsu) to make their products more and more safe?

of course, many of these reviews end up being witch hunts (like with audi in the 80's), but that's where you exercise your own intelligence and sort out the facts for yourself rather than believing any allegations blindly.

finally, CR is a magazine for the american consumer. that's why they test road stability and emergency maneuvering at 80 mph - because those are the everyday road conditions in the states (just the other day a family of 5 was killed/seriously injured in their expedition making an emergency maneuver on a FL freeway). maybe they aren't so applicable in philippine driving.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's one thing to make it known, it's another thing to condemn products like CR does.

That's why I just like reading enthusiast magazines like C&D. Because they actually acknowledge that their readers have minds and are capable of making their own judgement after reading their articles.

I don't really buy CR, but in my uncle's basement where I stayed when I was in Canada, he had a basement full of 'em. I guess they target people who really don't know anything about vehicles and just regards them as appliances.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    My opinion is - i would be glad if some private research company tells me that i drive a dangerous car....bakit ko sila i ku question..thats what they do and they (JD research, CR, etc) are good at it.....

Bat kayo magagalit..coz u drive a Mitsu and u feel hurt? Thats your choice....but as a consumer....i would NOT spend a dime buying a subpar product that is considered dangerous....

Its up to us if u we believe them or not....but most of the time, statistics doesn't lie..IF you wanna be loyal to the brand you drive, thats fine with me..but telling the world that they are wrong...well..u drove what? 1, 2, or 5 Mitsus before..while they....they are considered Pros.....

Now, if im in the market......who would i trust? A pro? or someone who drove 1, 2 or even 5 mitsus? They have a standard on how to test these vehicles....they do this day in and day out......They have "closer" ties with the automotive industry.....

What if im a new, first time car buyer......and i dont know what brands are reliable and not-so-reliable....wouldn't i be glad there are agencies such as CR and JC who does this research for us?

Im not dissing anyone here.....but.....seems like people get attached too much with their brands.....that they can't accept these things (although negative)....these are machines...machines aren't perfect....be glad that someone is telling you that they are unsafe.....now its your choice to stick with it or not....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    It's not an admission but the addition of a stabilizer system sounds like one. Yung findings nila sa gen3 is a concern as it seems that the independent suspension they have on it is too soft and gives a heavier than normal body roll. Yun lang ang issue ng gen3. Other than that, CR is hats off with the car's interior and braking. Mahina lang daw mag pull ng loaded trailer than other units but that's not such a big issue than the rollover. But again, the damage's been done in the U.S. market.

People in the US buy SUVs for a purpose...they dont buy these to carry a driver and one passenger......people buy these (im talking about the US market) to do utility work....You're just basing your opinion on how these vehicles are used in the Philippines....Why do you think people in the US buy V8 SUVs and trucks? to race? to burn gas and tires?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When I was in Canada, hindi pa hot issue ang Mitsu nun. I didn't even drive one back then. My first vehicle was a Benz. Pero puputok na ang Trooper issue nun. I know CR will handle it like the Audi issue. Kaya medyo wala na kong tiwala talaga sa CR that time. Wala namang naka-prove dun sa Unintended Acceleration Syndrome claim about Audi. Yet it almost caused the company to fold up in the US. Same with the Trooper rollovers. Statistically, the Trooper was not rolling over more compared to the industry average at the time. But CR was even bold enough to call it 'UNACCEPTABLE'. Who are they to tell consumers that? The best they could have done is showed their findings and let the consumer decide for themselves whether something is indeed unacceptable or not. The people testing cars at CR don't even like cars much. They just have to go to the office and test them. Much in the same way that the guy that tests the toasters doesn't really like toasters that much.

And what they did for the Samurai...sobrang sama talaga. They never did prove anything. Pero laki ng nalugi sa Suzuki that time and they had to ax the model. Speculation pa nga that time was Jeep had hand in the issue so that the Jeep Wrangler would not have any competition since the Sammy was gaining popularity as a base vehicle for customized off-roaders at that time. A niche that was almost entirely Jeep's before.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
"Mitsubishi - A Responsible Manufacturer?"