New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I don't see how they can get back on track with yesterday's technology. They were one of the best during the 80s with their box-type, but sadly, its magic didn't go on with the newer models. From then on, I haven't seen a Mitsu top any comparison test. Reliability issues have also been prevalent, especially in our country.

One of the few things keeping them alive is the Evo, still a great budget supercar. But like other Mitsus, it has unchanged engine technology, the same 4G63T engine from 1-8, with only minor torque and turbo improvements for each new iteration. The Evo 9 finally features MIVEC, which promises at least 1 mpg improvement.

If I'm not mistaken, what's keeping this car famous is the lack of rivals, and now that the Impreza is uglified, it is certain to sell very well to speed freaks. But if the likes of Toyota and Honda decide to create turbo sedans with 4WD and nearly 300 hp, Mitsu will experience even darker days.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    dati mas ma-appeal ang Mitsu compare mo to the likes of Nissan and Mazda.
    kung nag-improve lang sila sa quality ASAP...cguro OK pa sila hanggang ngayun.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Colt and New-gen Outlander 2.4 pls.

Speaking of new-gen Outlander, it seems that it's doing way better than expected in Japan.

Sabi ng MMC Japan, two thousand units daw ang sales target nila for the first month of release.

Guess what happened.......

THEY RECEIVED A TOTAL 10,000 ORDERS IN UNDER 15 DAYS.

On top of that, dealership visits increased by more than 20%.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Well that's a good sign. I hope they take advantage by introducing more attractive models, improving on engine performance and economy in the process. And oh, please lose the corporate triangle nose. ;)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Amen! I hope Subaru removes that damn stupid corporate nose mid-2006 also...

As for the 3.8 V6... Mitsubishi is really hampered in terms of development funds... the displacement leads me to believe that they share this V8 with Chrysler (Town&Country, 200 hp)... so given that this engine is American in architecture, 260 hp is reasonably good... considering GM gets between 170-240 hp out of similar sized (3.6 and 3.8) V6s.

The previous generation "127" hp 1.6 wasn't a bad engine, but it wasn't a rocket. From experience, the 1.6 INVECS is definitely faster than the Exalta 1.6 AT or Civic 1.6 AT of the time, but you should never underestimate the importance of torque on small displacement automatics, which are even more handicapped by the weight of the transmission than bigger engines.

I have no doubt the 2.0 with INVECS would beat a similarly equipped 1.6 MX or GSR, despite officially being only "120" hp.

And the L300's crappy tranny is no biggie. We once drove around my cousin's L300 for a few months with a broken 1st gear synchro. Who needs the ridiculuously low thing anyway? :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    ...though engine sharing with the Pajero (Gas) is a good move to lessen spart parts availability.
    Sir mazdamazda, I guess you meant "to increase spare parts availability".

Mitsu was still in the running up to mga 1997 or 98, tapos it was all downhill from there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Mitsubishi Phils to introduce new models next year(quoted from Aida Sevilla's column)