New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    3M for a compact utility vehicle with a hybrid engine? It’s too much money for the usual Pinoy car buyer.

At much money, you can buy a compact sedan plus a PPV or CUV or MPV. If I have that much money for a vehicle, I’d buy an F150 Platinum or an Explorer Limited or CX9 or Stinger GT.
    Kung Thailand source nito, maganda nasa 2M.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Mutsuhiro Oshikiri, MMPC's president and CEO <---- This guy is dreaming! Does he really thing we'll buy this POS? LOL

But to his credit, alot have bought the montero without the "discount" ..LOOOOOOOOL

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    3M for a compact utility vehicle with a hybrid engine? It’s too much money for the usual Pinoy car buyer.

At much money, you can buy a compact sedan plus a PPV or CUV or MPV. If I have that much money for a vehicle, I’d buy an F150 Platinum or an Explorer Limited or CX9 or Stinger GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is the hybrid based on the previous gen Outlander right? Have they released a new gen? I can't recall.

Anyway, with a price of almost 3m, you can buy a hybrid from the competition (Toyota Corolla Cross/Corolla Hybrid) and a sedan/crossover. Don't know who the target market is for this. Maybe they are trying to check if "now' they can try to sell it, like BYD tried (is trying) with the 3m Hybrid BYD Tang.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Maybe they are trying to check if "now' they can try to sell it, like BYD tried (is trying) with the 3m Hybrid BYD Tang.
    I think this is an overstock from other lefthand drive regions. They're trying to dispose it over here.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I think this is an overstock from other lefthand drive regions. They're trying to dispose it over here.
    Kung ganoon, dapat sine sale na iyan gaya ng VW diesel units dati, hehe.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    This is the hybrid based on the previous gen Outlander right? Have they released a new gen? I can't recall.

Anyway, with a price of almost 3m, you can buy a hybrid from the competition (Toyota Corolla Cross/Corolla Hybrid) and a sedan/crossover. Don't know who the target market is for this. Maybe they are trying to check if "now' they can try to sell it, like BYD tried (is trying) with the 3m Hybrid BYD Tang.
    Outlander PHEV based on the 2014-current model (gen 3).
    One gen newer than the last one we got here. Outlander is one class higher than Corolla Cross, remember it originally had a third row but the PHEV version had to lose it to find room for for the batteries.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Toyota did this with the FJ Cruiser to our market. It was highly successful as Toyota priced the FJ Cruiser at a good price of 1.7M.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Kung ganoon, dapat sine sale na iyan gaya ng VW diesel units dati, hehe.
    The Jetta TDI (1.6L and 2.0L), Golf GTS TDI, Golf Caddy TDI, Touran TDI, Tiguan TDI, Jetta 1.4T, and Golf 1.4T were initially sold here at its regular price. Early in 2016, the Jetta 1.6L TDI was offered at 1.3M while the 2.0L TDI was at 1.5M while the turbo gas variant (1.4T) was priced at around 1.4M. We bought the Jetta 1.6L TDI thru a big corporate discount (Ayala employees only).

The sale was done around late 2017 and early 2018 when VW had to clear its inventory to make room for the China-sourced models. Sadly though, the China-sourced models ain’t as good as those built in Mexico.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Solid sobra yung Golf GTS. A LOT of car for the price. 👍👍

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Solid sobra yung Golf GTS. A LOT of car for the price. Mitsubishi Outlander- Any review?Mitsubishi Outlander- Any review?
    I would have chosen the Golf GTS over the Jetta TDI if it was offered earlier. Anyway, we paid 950k for the Jetta TDI DSG Highline model and it was a bargain for what it offers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mitsubishi Outlander- Any review?