New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Mitsubishi has revealed that they are not developing a successor for the Lancer as the Japanese company shifts their focus on SUVs.

In a report by CarAdvice, Mitsubishi President and Chief Operating Officer Tetsuro Aikawa said that the development of sedans is not part of their plan. Aikawa added that this situation is unlikely to change as long as he’s the company’s boss.

“Unfortunately, for a while we are not planning any development of sedans. While I’m the president probably no introduction of the next-generation Lancer…we will continue to sell current Lancer,” said Aikawa.

With this, Mitsubishi intends to invest in developing SUVs, plug-in hybrids and electric vehicles. Aikawa also said that the Japanese automaker won’t produce a new Lancer because of the highly competitive sedan segment which would result into difficulty to come up with a profit.
    http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...-unlikely.html

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow. So the Mitsubishi Lancer ends it's illustrious run with the current gen? Sad....I wish Mitsubishi kept up with Subaru in terms of development of their passenger sedans, like what Subaru did with the Impreza. Then again, economics and profit margins dictate what big companies do moving forward....

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    blame it on slumping car sales in that category...plus the high cost of R&D to commit on anew model. Just to illustrate,
    the all new Honda CITY has bowed in and right now, Honda's R&D are now working (spending money on the new version in 5 years) on the next gen.... It has to not only to compete with similar cars, but it has to compete now niche mini SUV's like the ECOSPORT, The upcoming baby CX-3 from Mazda. It has to compete on two fronts...
    Cars has gone so expensive that it nearly "licks" the entry prices of mini SUV's and even medium sized SUV's...

Mini cars like the MIRAGE, WIGO EON..etc are whats making money now....and that's where their R&D will play, it is so hard to design a small car with a pegged budget for entry levels....

And with the average population of ASEAN markets getting past 5, and our extended family culture, expect 7 seaters to be very popular.

I've owned a couple of lancers way back and I'm saddened by the news, but I guess companies have to grow up and evolve too.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Just when you thought it was finished, Mitsubishi updates the Lancer

Mitsubishi has just pulled the wraps off its new-for-2016 face-lifted Lancer. Style-wise, the only real major exterior change is its new front. It now wears a slightly curvier grille with a chrome border that extends up to the carryover headlights. This gives it a wider look when viewed from the front. It also features a more aggressive lower grille opening flanked by large ASX-like foglight housings with LED daytime running lights on its outer edges.
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/car-n...cer?ref=latest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Mitsubishi Motor Philippines Corp. (MMPC) will stop local production of the Lancer