New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 470 of 492 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 4920
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    but i have yet to hear of a driving school,
    "today, students, let us practice how to SUA and how to survive SUAs..."

2. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Eto dapat sunod na icover ng mythbusters eh.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The thing is, that's not statistically conclusive enough. There's also a fair share of senior and new drivers on the road, 24/7, that are driving other A/T vehicles... It just boggles the mind why these types of accidents predominantly happens on a Montero.

It is very hard to prove that the accident is 100% driver-initiated... it is highly likely, however, to be a combination of the following:

1. A still undetermined fault with the vehicle
    2. Driver ergonomics
    3. Driver's lack of training to arrest the emergency situation (ie. immediately stepping on the brakes, shutting off the engine, and/or shifting to Neutral)
    Is the Strada of the same vintage identical to the montero in terms of driver ergonomics? Mechanically we can say they are they same.

I previously owned a 2nd gen montero. In the 6yrs and 80t plus kms. I owned it I could remember probably a couple or 3 incidents wherein I was momentarily parked and mistakenly left it in "D" or "R" still stepping on the brake pedal. In my case it was not pedal misapplication but assuming I was in park or neutral. Fortunayely no accidents.

What mystifies me is the instances of being in wide open throttle.
    Last edited by babkalakal; February 14th, 2020 at 12:25 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    The car matting in the Montero can get stuck in between the gas pedal and the floor/side wall. with the proliferation of custom made 3M weather matting it might be a contributing factor to the accident.

How come i havn't heard of a Same Gen Strada having SUA?
    its basically the same engine and transmission as the Montero.
    I did not have any issue with the matting in the time owning one though I used a generic rubber floor mats you could buy at ace or true value. The pedals of the montero are "up" hinged also I find them to have adequate space from the floor and footwell.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Alam ko not true ito for that generation "pa".

Pero from p to r, need mo pa din press yung shift lock release para bumaba, kahit walang brake application.

Pwede mo nga start from neutral yang generation ng monty. Di ko lang sure kung nabago sa current gen.

But still, driver error pa din ito. Ang nangyari lang, hindi ito design failure per se kasi pwede mo sabihin expected mo may presence of mind ang marunong magdrive at license na marinig makina nagrerebolusyon dahil mali tapak nila.

Ika nga, yung additional safeguard na yan sa shifting ay wala lang/wala pa.

Parang kung ginawa nila stepped or gated yung transmission, mas magiging obvious din kung asan nakalagay.

Mga ganun ba.

Kaya nga dad ko na hindi sanay sa matic, hindi pinapamaneho ng montero para sigurado na lang.
    Hindi lang montero bro. we had Hondas that could be started from either "D" or "N" as well.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    my A/T Toyota Avanza can be started from N as well.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Hindi lang montero bro. we had Hondas that could be started from either "D" or "N" as well.
    Personally, ang pinaka basic additional safeguard lang sana na naiisip ko is kung ginawa lang siguru na hindi pwede mahugut ang susi kung hindi nakapark ng transmission

Alam ko hindi naman ito exclusive sa montero na design, but medyo nakakapanibago lang talaga kasi yung namamaneho ko na toyota, nissan or honda hindi naman ganun.

Pero, sanay lang din na. At tsaka bago ko tlga galawin ang at, nakapreno muna ako kahit anu dala ko.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    my A/T Toyota Avanza can be started from N as well.
    so does my altis.
    i think, many cars can be started at N.

and i can't pull my key out from my AT wigo, innova, and altis, if the stick isn't in P. good safety precaution.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 14th, 2020 at 12:28 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ^
    kaya I have this habit of stepping on the brake first before shifting to D or R

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ang isa pang pwede cause eh kung may humps or gutter or stopper or bato tapos aatras or aabante ka.. some drivers mahina ang foot coordination.. kailangan mo tapakan nang konti yung gas para maka atras or abante.. yung iba naibabaon nang todo kaya nag over tapos hindi naman matapakaan agad yung preno..

ganyan yung nangyari don sa Hilux na sumalpok sa parlor sa IloIlo last year.. umaatras sya tapos nalaglag yung gulong nya sa gutter.. so aabante sya ulit.. since may gutter.. tinodo tapak sa gas.. ayun hindi naka brake agad..

Pick-up truck sumalpok sa parlor sa Iloilo; 1 sugatan | ABS-CBN News

Mitsubishi Montero Sudden Acceleration Accidents [MERGED]