New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Good day!

Hope we could have inputs regarding fuel consumption of Montero GLS-V 4x2.

My unit's fuel consumption is 9km/L for long drive. Just drove my car from Cavite to Calamba (no traffic/ 90-100km/hour speed). I left Cavite with full tank then drove going to Calamba then when I reached Cavite again, I filled up my tank (full). I came up with 9km/L FOC.

Is there any correct tire pressure?

Is there any regular maintenance needed or parts to be replaced at certain mileage.

Hope somebody could share how could we improve our FOC.

Your inputs is greatly appreciated and for sure will help lot of Montero users.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aeg1914 View Post
    Good day!

Hope we could have inputs regarding fuel consumption of Montero GLS-V 4x2.

My unit's fuel consumption is 9km/L for long drive. Just drove my car from Cavite to Calamba (no traffic/ 90-100km/hour speed). I left Cavite with full tank then drove going to Calamba then when I reached Cavite again, I filled up my tank (full). I came up with 9km/L FOC.

Is there any correct tire pressure?

Is there any regular maintenance needed or parts to be replaced at certain mileage.

Hope somebody could share how could we improve our FOC.

Your inputs is greatly appreciated and for sure will help lot of Montero users.

Thanks!
    Sir,

Mine is around 7 km/l in city driving (short trips) and 10 to 11 km/l in long distance trips (varying speed from 80 kph to 120 kph).

tire pressure is 29 psi front and 32 psi rear as per manual

If you want to improve, pede mong gawing 35 psi front and rear kaso medyo matagtag. 37 psi kasi yung sa kin nung nilabas ko sa casa.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    7km/li average fuel consumption. 80% city driving, less than 30km of travel daily, bumper to bumper traffic. for long distance out of town trips average is 10 to 11km varying speed of 80 to 120 km/h same with sir boytsiks.

fron tire is 32psi back is 35psi.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    My consistent FC from Santa Rosa to Los Baños on an early morning drive is between 13-13.9 km/L (on the MID) on a heavier GTV.

Driving habit: no more than 2K rpm which translates to a speed of about 70-90km/h (average speed of 35 km/h), aircon at 24 degrees, fan speed one, no sudden pushes on the gas pedal, i.e. if coming from a slow or full stop (especially at the toll gates) then gradual build up of speed and still observing the no more than 2K rpm rule, tire pressure on ordinary air is at 31 psi (cold start in the morning) and builds up to 32-33 psi during travel. Traffic usually slows down on the national highway due to tricycles, jeepneys and cargo trucks

Change your driving habits and observe

Last edited by 111prez; September 4th, 2013 at 11:01 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Using the multi-media gauge, I registered 13km/L last Monday traversing the whole stretch of the NLEX - inclusive of traffic in & around Balibago/Angeles. Same as 111Prez, I try not to exceed 2K rpm though occasionally, I 'gunnit' - but only till 140 kph - for stretches of 3kms. I average 7.5- 9km/L city driving. I follow the manufacturer-recommended tire pressure & only load-up with UniOil Euro-4 diesel. I also like to believe I am not 'heavy-footed' on the throttle.