New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005

Eto dapat ipalit ng MMPC sa L300. Nandyan parin yung tibay ng L300 kasi yung 4D56 din isasalpak dyan.

===============

We have 20 year old L300s delivery nearing 300K mileage. Daming sira na rin dahil di naman alaga (yes, very infrequent oil change) etc.. Daming piyesa na rin napalitan pero tumatakbo parin.

===============

MMPC quality is not that great either. We bought two 2011 L300 (1 FB deluxe and 1 cab chassis) last year. Surface paint is thin at the back of cab. Underside metal (chassis) had thin gray primer that had slight surface rust. We had to correct those before applying undercoat on both.

The FB (body by Metro trucks) developed a leak on the back door window. The back door had some rust on the lower portion bec of a design defect in their rubber gasket.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post

Eto dapat ipalit ng MMPC sa L300. Nandyan parin yung tibay ng L300 kasi yung 4D56 din isasalpak dyan.

===============

We have 20 year old L300s delivery nearing 300K mileage. Daming sira na rin dahil di naman alaga (yes, very infrequent oil change) etc.. Daming piyesa na rin napalitan pero tumatakbo parin.

===============

MMPC quality is not that great either. We bought two 2011 L300 (1 FB deluxe and 1 cab chassis) last year. Surface paint is thin at the back of cab. Underside metal (chassis) had thin gray primer that had slight surface rust. We had to correct those before applying undercoat on both.

The FB (body by Metro trucks) developed a leak on the back door window. The back door had some rust on the lower portion bec of a design defect in their rubber gasket.
    we also have an 18year old FB. this is one of the first FB. nearing 200k km already and is still running. never pa na-overhaul. but the rear body and front flooring is full of rust already.

but if i am to choose a brand new work horse for our business now, i would probably choose either dmax IPV or the L200 FB. will not choose the L300 anymore since it is difficult to perform basic PMS since even checking the radiator and reservoir is a pain. hehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    pag head-on collision L-200 my chance ka pang mabuhay, pag L-300 dead on the spot....

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzusu4DJ1 View Post
    pag head-on collision L-200 my chance ka pang mabuhay, pag L-300 dead on the spot....
    May punto ka din dyan.

L200 na talaga, better design and practical pa. Hirap sa L300 eh ang init sa front because of the engine layout.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    L300 fb namin naondoy.. nabenta 35k nalang.. hehe hinatak nalang ng buyer

yes.. true... yung kakatakot flat head sasakyan
    once pauwi ako.. trapik sa edsa... tapos kakainis.. may bangaan pala...elf bumanga sa likod ng bus... nakakaawa yung driver.. gumagalaw siya.. pero puros blood.. tapos hindi siya maka alis.. nilalagare yung frame ng truck... ok lang masira sasakyan.. pero physical indury.. kahit pa mabuhay.. ok lang if sugat lang.. but nakakaawa.. yung permanent physical indury.. nakakasad makita yun..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post

hmm is the L200/strada dash similar to the dash of the current montero sport. and this has got to be the cheapest CRDi in the market today maybe Mitsu should fit this engine in their Adventure as well, parang wala plano i-retire yun model na yun, following footsteps of the 80's L300

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thank you for all your inputs and opinions. Hope to decide soon.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    One gripe I have is the lack of the tachometer. Kung titingnan mo yung instrument panel, there is clearly a provision for a tachometer. Hell, even the placement for the needle is there... Di naman ata mahal ang tach diba? Hehe~ Lagi kasi ako tumitingin sa tach, lalo kapag manual.

Syempre when compared to the L300, ito na. No brainer na to eh. The L300 is a car of the 80s alongside evergreen vehicles like the Urvan Escapade. The L200 is a thoroughly modern vehicle, and the fastest AUV no less. Yun nga lang magkano kaya maintenance neto?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Iwas baog! Mainit sa pwet ang L300. I've tried to seat on the L200. Parang montero lang na mababa. Kung meron sana FB na dual cab ayos un. Hindi naman marami karga ko eh.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Photoaddict View Post
    Iwas baog! Mainit sa pwet ang L300. I've tried to seat on the L200. Parang montero lang na mababa. Kung meron sana FB na dual cab ayos un. Hindi naman marami karga ko eh.
    Locally, none of the Japanese sell a double cab + chassis only. Double cabs come in pickup form.

Here is a Hilux J pickup converted (pickup bed removed) into a people carrier at the back.

Btw, saw an ad at sulit selling the pickup bed from a Hilux J for 30K, complete with tail lights.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mitsubishi L300FB or L200FB