New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Didn't realize it would take me this long but I've finally decided to get the Grandis. Test drove it today. Almost decided to get an Innova after going on a road trip to Batangas and Laguna. The Innova (A/T, diesel) is fast and responsive but the amenities and riding comfort of the Grandis are more car like and suspension is much better. Driving the Grandis should be less tiring for my wife. Visibility is excellent too with almost no blind spots. Driving the Grandis in sportronic manual mode was a pleasant surprise. At PHP 1.1 for the Diesel Innova V, the Grandis is only about 200K more expensive, after heavy discounts. I hope Diamond Motors' after-sales service lives up to my expectation. Thank you for your posting your comments.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i like this car, it look sooooo japanese
    i hope someone will post their own reviews specially grandis owners

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    We have the beige/gold Grandis. Mas gusto ko yung red kaso walang available Citimotors noong bumili kami. Sarap i-drive and typical of Mitsubishi, ang lambot ng pedals :D Kahit pinalitan ni utol ng 17" mags, smooth pa rin yung drive. We haven't calculated the fuel efficiency yet. Although my brother has a friend who also has a Grandis at sabi ay nasa 5-6 km/liter lang!!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gusto din namin to sana kse maganda reviews and mivec engine, kaso hindi abot ng budget

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ecport View Post
    Didn't realize it would take me this long but I've finally decided to get the Grandis. Test drove it today. Almost decided to get an Innova after going on a road trip to Batangas and Laguna. The Innova (A/T, diesel) is fast and responsive but the amenities and riding comfort of the Grandis are more car like and suspension is much better. Driving the Grandis should be less tiring for my wife. Visibility is excellent too with almost no blind spots. Driving the Grandis in sportronic manual mode was a pleasant surprise. At PHP 1.1 for the Diesel Innova V, the Grandis is only about 200K more expensive, after heavy discounts. I hope Diamond Motors' after-sales service lives up to my expectation. Thank you for your posting your comments.
    Sir pa post naman ng pics at reviews na din, thanks!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    After three weeks of use along with a trip to Subic, I have a few observations I would like to share. There are some things I wish could have been done better. These are actually simple things but really help make the car a more convenient ride.

IMPROVEMENTS:
    1. Speed sensing locks. It is after all, a family van. Even the Innova has
    this feature OR
    2. A central locking button aside from the driver's door lock.
    3. A spare master key that can enable and disable the alarm. Only the
    main key can do this. If you lose the main key, the spare key cannot
    enable or disable the alarm (no Lock/Unlock buttons).
    4. A better and more ergonomic radio. The single width Clarion stereo/radio
    supplied with the Grandis is difficult to reach and the buttons are very
    small. I wish for an iPOD ready stereo with a built in CD shuttle like what
    the Honda Civic has.

NICE:
    1. Speed and power. With a 2.4 Liter engine, this is more than sufficient
    for our roads. Engine can be noisy though when you step on the gas.
    2. Easy manuevarability and small turning radius.
    3. The 3rd row seats are easy to fold and stow away.
    4. Relatively smooth ride and car like handling.

Because of the "luxury MPV" tag, I expected the Grandis to have the same amenities as my Cefiro (except 3rd row seats) since it costs just as much. Pero may mga refinements na puwedeng pang idagdag. However, compared to our Kia Carnival, the Grandis is certainly easier to drive, park and overall, a smoother drive.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sana may sunroof

What I really like:
    1. "Buried" 3rd row seats, hindi lang folded, naka-baon talaga resulting in bigger cabin space.
    2. Power & torque
    3. Lots of cup holders hehe!
    4. Futuristic dashboard/front panel design
    5. Automatic foldable side mirrors

What I don't like:
    1. Low ground clearance
    2. Stereo head unit
    3. 3rd row seat can only fit 2 adults & 1 child or 3 children

Haven't measured fuel consumption.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Mitsubishi Grandis