New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    i mean is not ung bagong previa that you see in the showrooms today, ung previous one na sinundan nito, if you can find a good one. otherwise grandis ka parin.

although medyo high sa fuel cost ang gas, diesels are high on maintenance side...so equal din halos...pili ka nalang...but locally, 2 can be your best bet: old previa and grandis or spacegear. that is if you dont want the korean counterparts(carnival/sedona and the starex)..i think nissan w/ the optional comtrac seats nila is a good choice din...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    ECPORT: Grandis looks ok for your needs and wants. But if you can wait, the new Zinger is also a good choice as an entry level family suv. Better ride height, almost similarly priced as the Grandis and it looks tougher for everyday chores like bringing the children to school, shopping and weekend getaways to the nearest beaches and resorts.

If you're on a budget, get a local Nissan Serena....a bit dated yet practical and it will surely serve the purpose you intend for it.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I looked up the Mitsubishi Zinger on the web and saw a few photos. Mukhang pang-palit sa Adventure and to compete against the Innova. I wonder what variant and Mitsubishi will announce here? It should be priced similarly to the Innova though. Does anybody have an idea when the Zinger will be announced in the Philippines?

I have a question, just to test your opinion and belief in the reputation and quality of a car brand in the after sales market:

You are in a used car lot and a Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi and Honda sedan, or van is presented before you. All are either sedans or vans. All are 5 years old, and all have more or less have the same level of usage and mileage. Which car will you assign or expect to have the highest resale value? Consider everything you know about the brand--styling, reputation, parts, reliability, ride, what other people say, dealer network, etc. This is pure perception and gut feel.

I have my ranking but would like to know what you think. Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ecport View Post
    Hello. Have been going through the various forum topics and have found the input and feedback very helpful. Am currently looking to replace my Kia Carnival and considering the Mitsubishi Grandis. Unfortunately, I have not found any first hand owner experience or write up. Would any of you care to post or share your experience? I have looked at the Fortuner, Starex, Venture, Innova, Previa. I saw the posting yesterday of the new Sedona but with my terrible experience with Kia, Wheels and their after sales service, I have no intention of getting any Kia product anymore.

I have visited Diamond Motors twice already and my wife likes the Grandis as she is the one driving the Carnival. Parang kotse, medyo mababa lang ang ground clearance but seems more manageable to drive and park than the bigger Carvnival. I noticed that the spare tire is really designed as a spare. It is half the width of the regular tire and designed to be used only for emergencies.

Appreciate any feedback or thoughts on the Grandis. Thanks.

My family LOVES the Grandis. 90% of the time, it's my wifey/daughter using it. We got our grandis late last year, so far we have no complaints.

ganito: functiona, form and above all budget!

the best money can buy..but, pag sa used car lot ka, expect na may 10-50 thou na patong...private seller ka, para mas mura..bring your friend mechanic. and 5 years ago, still, mahirap pa bumili ng a/t, kasi rare pa nakakaalam ng tamang pagaalaga nito..might end up sa sakit ng ulo. manual ka kung sakali.

kung brand-new, dont mind if its matic..as some new matics are more intelligent than us when comes to shifting....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You are in a used car lot and a Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi and Honda sedan, or van is presented before you. All are either sedans or vans. All are 5 years old, and all have more or less have the same level of usage and mileage. Which car will you assign or expect to have the highest resale value? Consider everything you know about the brand--styling, reputation, parts, reliability, ride, what other people say, dealer network, etc. This is pure perception and gut feel.
    Pre nasa Pilipinas tayo. Brand conscious ang tao. Dito ka lang makakakita na ang laspag na Toyota ay mas mataas pa ang asking sa makinis na Nissan. hehehe. Current market trend is Toyota-Honda (practically tied), Mitsu, then Nissan. Hindi naman kasi tayo ang nag-seset ng market value, yung market mismo which in most cases is driven more by brand recognition than by the product itself. Tignan mo yung mga Daihatsu, Toyota-derived sila pero hindi mabenta kasi hindi Toyota ang logo.

Personally, I love Nissans because of their 'underdog' standing while at the same time delivering great products.

Btw, pangit talaga sa Wheels since they are handling so many brands. For Kia sales and service, pinakamaganda pa din sa FEMAC (Kia Quezon Ave.).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sayang talaga at underrated masyado ang Grandis. it's too good a vehicle to remain unnoticed by the buying public.

With the Fortuner around at the same price point, more image-conscious people would go for the SUV than the wagon-cum-minivan.

Lesson of the story: a great product is useless if consumers don't care about that type of product in the first place

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt View Post
    Lesson of the story: a great product is useless if consumers don't care about that type of product in the first place
    this is so true!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lagyan mo din ng Toyota logo iyang Grandis, malamang 6 months na ang waiting time. hehehe.

Kahit D4d pa ang ilagay mo para makatipid sa production cost.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

yan ang prob ng pinoy. ako i drive a nissan maxima for 15 years na, jdm liteace, and dont care what the brand concious thinks.. di sa wala akong perang pambili ng bago, pero function and form meron noong cars kaysa ngayon...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Mitsubishi Grandis