New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Well depende naman sa income capacity to gauge if you think a car is a gas guzzler; in the US Civics are called economical vehicles but here for some it might already be a gas guzzler. For me though its still economical. Well if you are a guy who makes P20,000/month then yes even a Vios might be a gas guzzler for you

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're on a Corolla budget, then the Galant certainly isn't the car for you. But if you're on a Camry budget, the 400,000 peso discount over the Camry you get with the Galant would go to paying for a couple of years' worth of gas.

Simply put, the gas guzzler tag is a relatively meaningless term. Like Jun says, you can apply that tag even to a Corolla or a Civic if you're comparing it to even smaller cars.

Cars are a luxury. Period. If all you need is transportation, a bicycle or a motorbike will do nicely. You buy a car for the luxury of being able to sit down instead of having to straddle a motorcycle. For the luxury of weather protection and air-conditioning. And for the luxury of prestige.

The Galant may have an ugly mug, but it's very comfortable, very spacious and it goes down the road well. It's nowhere near the same class as the Camry or the even better new Accord, but for that money, it's a pretty good car.

Fuel efficient? Who cares? When you get into a car that big, you can't assume fuel efficiency at all. And if you can afford to buy one, let alone maintain one, then fuel efficiency is probably not the first thing on your mind. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sayang naman ang galant...I still remember the days when GTI galants were the ***iest and most sought after car on the streets..I still remember may dad whispering to himself whenever he sees a GTI..Tsk yan sana ang gusto kaso ang mahal e....Even up to now when my buddies see a GTI...ganda parin ng GTI

Sayang Mitsubishi this was once a mitsubishi crazy country.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Sayang naman ang galant...I still remember the days when GTI galants were the ***iest and most sought after car on the streets..I still remember may dad whispering to himself whenever he sees a GTI..Tsk yan sana ang gusto kaso ang mahal e....Even up to now when my buddies see a GTI...ganda parin ng GTI

Oo nga, sayang talaga ang Mitsu, gustong-gusto ko pa naman dati yung Galant MPI during the early 90's

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post

I guess the 2.0 liter Lancer EX GT is the Galant GTi for the new generation.

...all you need to do now is order a "Galant Fortis" badge from Japan.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Oo nga, sayang talaga ang Mitsu, gustong-gusto ko pa naman dati yung Galant MPI during the early 90's
    oh yes sir, considering that you are a Benzaholic- im sure you would have wanted it with the AMG body kits and enhancements! hehehe!

other than that, im sure the Lancer EX will make up for lost time!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    6th generation Galant is still the best of all Mitsu Galant!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    We recently got a Mitsubishi Lancer EX glx. The original SRP before was I think 940k++ for the base model. But the people at the plantation informed us that there will be a 90k discount because they are no longer importing the units from Japan but rather are assembling them locally (maybe to save on costs?). My guess is they are not able to compete with the Corolla and the Civic that's why they had to implement measures to save on costs and increase sales. And maybe the same story goes for other models like the Galant.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    may mga nag sabi daw na malapit na ma phase out?totoo kaya to?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Mitsubishi Galant big discount! Bakit kaya?