New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Greetings! Newbie land ako and I need help. I had just recently bought a 2nd hand japanese pajero from subic, and my diesel consumption is at 6.2 km/l. Majority of my driving is on highway. My friends are telling me that this is not normal and the consumption is rather high. Was just wondering if there is something wrong and needs checking. Also i have heard someone saying that by installing a catalyctic converter i could lower down consumption. By the way, my pajero has a 2.8l engine.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    sir medyo mataas nga kasi ako 2.5 intercooler turbo pero ang consumption ko sa hiway 12-15 km/l BTW mazda mpv an sa akin high speed an gearing ko per oi think masyado pa din malayo. baka naman naka engage ang 4 wheel mo palagi? at automatic ba ito? pero ang magalin na makaka sagot niyan ay sila boss otep and company sila ang naka pajero mismo pero i still think mataas ang consumo. kung city driving pa kasi ako 7-9 km/l ang city consumption ko

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    mine is 5.7 to 6.2 kms/l . with AT puro city lang.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my 2.5Li local pajero goes mga 7.5 halos ganun din sa 2.8Li local pajero ng dad ko po nung binilang ko nung we went to baguio... manila to baguio 800 pesos yata.. if i remember right.. nagpa ful tank kasi kami sa manila then full tank uli pag dating sa baguio..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Thanks for the info guys. My pajero is automatic. Hindi naman nake engage yung 4-wheel ko. Any ideas on what to check why malakas consumption ko?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    maybe your ride needs a calibration because it is a 2nd hand in the 1st place and you have no idea how it was driven before in japan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree with Johnart. Mine gets 7.2km/L city driving with Auto Tranny with 4WD sometimes engaged.

My theory is you may be a bit heavy with the right foot

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does the fuel quality here in the philippines have an effect on the fuel consumption & performance of diesel engines in general?

i've read in autocar that for the euro market the they only have 3ppm (particles per million) for diesel engines. while in comparison, those sold in malaysia (and even here) have a ppm of 3000!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I did not get our actual consumption but when i drove to Baguio with a 2.8 4x2 two weeks back, we gassed up in Manila, drove to Baguio, around Baguio for one day and gassed up in La Union on our way home with 1/4 tank left (gassed around P1100.00 more or less).

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Do you guys know a reputable shop which can do calibration?

Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast
Mitsubishi Fuel Consumption Database