New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    WOW.
    Ganda panapat sa jazz and swift. I'll bet jazz will eat dust.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    [QUOTE=AG4]This is the Ralliart version of the Colt Plus (wagon/MPV version of the Colt)

parang Toyota Previa na maliit

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    onga no..parang previous gen previa na bansot hehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    why isnt mitsu bringing the colt here? bobo talaga oh
    I think the current Mitsubishi Colt is only manufactured in 2 plants, the one in Japan and the one in the Netherlands for Europe.
    Last time I checked I think they only make RHD Colts in Japan, and it would be too expensive to import a LHD model from Europe.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    I think the current Mitsubishi Colt is only manufactured in 2 plants, the one in Japan and the one in the Netherlands for Europe.
    Last time I checked I think they only make RHD Colts in Japan, and it would be too expensive to import a LHD model from Europe.
    sayang .
    di kaya naiisip ng mga car manufacturer kung saan maganda i market ang mga unit nila,mukhang patok sa pinas ito dahil sa traffic ,
    kmusta kaya ang fuel consumption ng Colt?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    That is one hot hatch. :drool:

Sarap ihataw ng Version-R sa expressway. Pati yung ahente ko sa Diamond Motors nanghihinayang na hindi dadalhin dito yung Colt.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    why isnt mitsu bringing the colt here? bobo talaga oh
    Wala pang LHD platform ang Colt.

Siguro for Europe (yung mga gawa sa Netherlands) pero the LHD platform is only available for them and not for release to Asia (Europe-exclusive)

So there will be no LHD Colts that will be manufactured from Japan.

P.S. :

AG4/AM2, kung naalala mo, it is similar to the JDM Odyssey (parang Honda China won't lend the LHD platform to anyone else but themselves)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    Well, basically what AG4/AM2 said.

They don't manufacture LHD Colt units in Japan (100% pure RHD assembly line for this model).

The Necar factory, which was a joint collaboration factory between Mitsu and Daimlerchrysler, is the only one that produces both LHD and RHD units ng Colt for the European market (at siguro pati na rin sa South Africa).

One of the reasons was already stated by AG4 pero another reason could be that production at the Necar factory is only for Europe and that due to contracting provisions, the management (big guns at Mitsu Europe/Daimlerchrysler) may not allow to sell any units beyond its European jurisdiction.

Add this up and we may never see the light day for the Colt (baka sa next-gen model pa nito).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven
    The Necar factory, which was a joint collaboration factory between Mitsu and Daimlerchrysler, is the only one that produces both LHD and RHD units ng Colt for the European market (at siguro pati na rin sa South Africa).
    By the way its called NedCar, not Necar, its short for(Netherlands Car BV).

I guess Mitsubishi didn't think there was going to be a market for a sub-compact like the Colt in other Asian countries.
    I was wondering, how many LHD countries are there in Asia, and how many of these countries favor sedans over hatchbacks?
    Last edited by AG4; June 8th, 2006 at 11:44 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    mitsu should have its own assembly plant here..ay la na ata pala pera mitsu hehe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart Version-R