New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Hi guys, im looking forward to buying mky first car. i've decided on a mitsu because ok price plus ok naman nababasa ko, masyado narin marami civic though im still considering it. i also heard that mitsu has abundant parts and whatnot...

though having said that, i still dont know whats the difference between the different models. I know the GSR is the 2 door coupe (one option im leaning on) but other than that i know nothing. whats the difference between the MX, GLX, GLXI, and GLS (am i missing anything)

Plus ano yung most common lancer na nakikita ko? yung pizza type. im eyeing kasi a lancer 1997-1999 model na ok parin itsura (im planning to set it up) and i dont know what exactly the model is

Appreciate the help guys, this forum is very helpful to a newbie like me :D

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ax2x3m
    Hi guys, im looking forward to buying mky first car. i've decided on a mitsu because ok price plus ok naman nababasa ko, masyado narin marami civic though im still considering it. i also heard that mitsu has abundant parts and whatnot...

though having said that, i still dont know whats the difference between the different models. I know the GSR is the 2 door coupe (one option im leaning on) but other than that i know nothing. whats the difference between the MX, GLX, GLXI, and GLS (am i missing anything)

Plus ano yung most common lancer na nakikita ko? yung pizza type. im eyeing kasi a lancer 1997-1999 model na ok parin itsura (im planning to set it up) and i dont know what exactly the model is

1997 Lancer
    EL (80hp 1.3 liter SOHC 12-valve inline-4) 13 inch steel wheels
    GL (90hp 1.5 liter SOHC 12-valve inline-4) 13 inch aluminum wheels
    GLXi (113hp 1.6 liter SOHC 16-valve inline-4) 14 inch aluminum wheels
    GSR (113hp 1.6 liter SOHC 16-valve inline-4) 14 inch aluminum wheels
    *for a while they were also selling the previous gen rounded Lancer 1.3 EL which I think was renamned EX(?)

1999MY(1998) Millennium Lancer (1st facelift)
    GLX (90hp 1.5 liter SOHC 12-valve inline-4) 14 inch aluminum wheels
    MX (124hp 1.6 liter SOHC 16-valve inline-4) = dual-airbags, ABS, 14 inch aluminum wheels
    GSR (124hp 1.6 liter SOHC 16-valve inline-4) = dual-airbags, ABS, 15 inch aluminum wheels

2001 Lancer (2nd facelift) now with extended bumpers and USDM Mirage style trunk.
    GLX (88hp 1.5 liter SOHC 12-valve inline-4) 14 inch aluminum wheels
    GLS (124hp 1.6 liter SOHC 16-valve inline-4) = driver-side airbag, 15 inch aluminum wheels
    MX (124hp 1.6 liter SOHC 16-valve inline-4) = dual-airbags, ABS, 15 inch aluminum wheels
    GSR (124hp 1.6 liter SOHC 16-valve inline-4) = dual-airbags, ABS, 15 inch aluminum wheels.

My only brochure for this generation Lancer is the 1999 Millennium Lancer MX... so to those with more info and corrections(because I can't recall the other details), just add it here...
    Last edited by AG4; April 13th, 2006 at 09:30 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not much I can add... pero ang alam ko yung first batch ng GSR walang ABS, drum brakes lang sa likod at manual transmission. Yung may INVECS lang yata yung may ABS.... let's wait for the Mitsu boys to get in here...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    for the 97 lancer, yung GLXi lang power windows. yung GLi naman power steering na pero ikot yung windows. as for the EL, di ko na alam.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yung first batch ng ELs have no power steering

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ax2x3m

For all of your existing and future Q's on lancer and its' technical side of it and other infos, click the BEST local forum for Mitsu Cars: MyMitsuPH Happy viewing bradah!

Mitsubishi Cars: Educate Me!